Corporate Director, Health Information Management
Atlantic Health System
Morristown, NJ | Map It
Atlantic Health System is based in Morristown and is one of New Jersey’s largest and most influential non-profit healthcare systems. As a six hospital organization that maintains nearly 1,000 community-based health care provider affiliations, Atlantic Health System continuously sets the standards of quality health care and is uniquely suited to serve the needs of the New Jersey and Metropolitan New York City areas.
With over 14 thousand dedicated employees throughout the organization, Atlantic Health System is highly capable of maintaining their promise that anyone who enters their system will receive the right care, at the right quality, at the right time, at the right place and at the right cost.
The Corporate Director of HIM is a new corporate-level position at Atlantic Health System. This position will focus on standardizing HIM processes and centralizing release of information. The Corporate Director of HIM will oversee a staff of about 220 people. Candidates should possess strong change management experience working at a multi-site health system.
The Corporate Director of HIM is responsible for leadership and strategic direction, oversight, and coordination of the Health Information Management departments for a 5 hospital organization. Directs the functions which ensure the content, format, release and maintenance of health information – meeting hospital system and medical staff needs and regulatory agency requirements. Collaborates with other health care professionals to ensure appropriate measures are in place to maintain and safeguard the privacy, confidentiality, and security of patient health information. Oversees the Clinical Documentation teams at all sites. This position will have a dominant role in the Epic implementation and roll-out including standardization and centralization of ROI for the enterprise.
- Registered Health Information Administrator or Registered Health Information Technician
- Minimum of 7 years experience in Health Information Management in a hospital setting with 5 of those years in progressive management
- 3+ years experience leading HIM in a multi-hospital setting
- Proven leader with excellent human relations skills
- Embraces change by being able to change focus and adapt to new enterprise strategies while encouraging development of the team and leading them to success
- Epic experience preferred – project management skills required
- Extensive knowledge of HIPAA required
- Knowledge of state regulations for hospital facilities preferred
- Coding knowledge ICD-10
- Travel between hospitals and corporate office is required