Lifespan has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a national search to place their next Chief Technology Officer (CTO). The search is being led by Bryan Kirby.
CTO Search Overview
Lifespan, the largest health care provider in Rhode Island, is seeking a CTO to deliver and support the information technology infrastructure assets and services needed to achieve Lifespan’s mission of delivering health with care.
The CTO will also align technology vision and architecture with business strategy by integrating business processes with appropriate forward-looking technologies, technology modernization, and cloud migration.
Lifespan is seeking qualified candidates with a bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or a related field; a master’s degree or PhD. is preferred. Candidates will also need to have seven or more years of experience in progressively more responsible information services management roles in a diverse and operationally complex organization.
Formed in 1994, Lifespan is a not-for-profit health system based in Providence, Rhode Island.
A comprehensive, integrated, academic health system affiliated with The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Lifespan’s present partners include:
- Rhode Island Hospital
- Hasbro Children’s Hospital
- Bradley Hospital, the nation’s first psychiatric hospital for children
- Newport Hospital, a community hospital offering a broad range of health services
- Gateway Healthcare, the state’s largest provider of community behavioral health care
- Lifespan Physician Group, the largest multi-specialty practice in Rhode Island
- Coastal Medical, a primary care driven medical practice
Lifespan teaching hospitals are among the country’s top recipients of research funding from the US National Institutes of Health. The hospitals received $92 million in external research funding in fiscal 2019.
Lifespan also includes specialty services through its:
- Lifespan Cancer Institute
- Lifespan Cardiovascular Institute
- Lifespan Orthopedics Institute
- Women’s Medicine Collaborative
- Norman Prince Neurosciences Institute
- Bradley Hasbro Children’s Research Center
- Lifespan Ambulatory Care Centers
- Lifespan Laboratories
- Lifespan Pharmacy
A more detailed job description and an application can be found here.