This position has been filled.
Ambulatory Associate Chief Medical Informatics Officer
ECU HealthGreenville, NC
ECU Health has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Ambulatory Associate Chief Medical Informatics Officer.
ECU Health is a mission-driven integrated system that reaches more than 1.4 million people across 29 counties across eastern North Carolina.
The health system includes ECU Health Medical Center, its flagship academic medical center with two campuses affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, nine regional hospitals, outpatient facilities, home health, hospice, and wellness centers.
ECU Health also includes a multi-specialty physician and provider group that offers access to more than 500 providers in over 100 practice locations.
Ambulatory Associate Chief Medical Informatics Officer Position Overview
The Ambulatory Associate Chief Medical Informatics Officer (ACMIO) serves as a liaison between physicians and Information Services (IS) to maximize patient outcomes, experience, and safety along with quality of care and operational efficiency.
As one of three ACMIOs reporting to the Chief Medical Informatics Officer, the Ambulatory ACMIO will work to align priorities with the strategic mission of the ECU Health Medical Group and collaborate with ECU Health’s Community Partners.
By working closely with ambulatory physician – users “on the ground,” the ACMIO will support the use of existing technologies and evaluate new solutions that enable high-quality care, as well as define current and future workflows that meet physician needs and align with strategic initiatives.
The ACMIO will focus largely on the Epic EHR design but will also advise on other technology leveraged by physicians including NLP software, digital apps, analytics, and clinical decision support.
As the Ambulatory SME on the medical informatics team, the ACMIO will assist the CMIO with the vision and strategy in the deployment of clinical and analytics technology that enhance population health outcomes, optimize patient experience, and strengthen the clinician-patient relationship. The ACMIO will continue to practice in their specialty for 20% of their time.
- Five or more years’ experience in clinical informatics/analytics with management responsibility.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD or DO) with at least five years practicing while leveraging an EHR; eligibility for unrestricted license to practice in North Carolina.
- Board Certification in appropriate specialty.
- Expert knowledge in healthcare informatics and able to anticipate trends and develop programs and key initiatives.
- Organizational change management experience focused on driving value, pursuing innovation, overcoming resistance, and being a catalyst for effective change.
- Board certification in Clinical Informatics.
- Formal training in clinical informatics.
- Significant leadership experience with an Epic health system.
For more information about the organization, the Ambulatory Associate Chief Medical Informatics Officer position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Steve Bennett or Margaret Cowan.