This position has been filled.
Cincinnati Children’s has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for their Assistant Vice President, Information Services position.
Cincinnati Children’s, a nonprofit academic medical center established in 1883, is one of the oldest and most distinguished pediatric hospitals in the United States. The medical center offers comprehensive clinical services, from treatments for rare and complex conditions to well-child care. Clinical procedures and treatments pioneered at Cincinnati Children’s are used throughout the world.
The children’s hospital was ranked No. 2 in the 2018-19 Best Children’s Hospitals list published by U.S. News & World Report and has achieved long-standing Most Wired status.
A Best Place to Work
Cincinnati Children’s believes in nurturing employees’ lives as well as their careers. Their benefits equal or surpass other hospitals in the region, and they offer one of the best working environments in our field. They offer a diverse and inclusive workplace, and a high-energy, high-achievement culture.
- Cincinnati Children’s ranked No. 18 in Forbes’ first-ever list of best employers for women in the United States for 2018.
- The Human Rights Campaign named Cincinnati Children’s a 2018 Healthcare Equality Leader in recognition for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) patients, families and employees.
- Cincinnati Children’s was inducted in to the Cincinnati Business Courier’s “Best Places to Work Hall of Fame” in 2008.
Assistant Vice President, Information Services Position Overview:
The Assistant Vice President will play a key role in setting strategic direction and shaping the future of technology at Cincinnati Children’s in conjunction with the IT leadership team and key stakeholders in the organization.
The role will be responsible for a variety of areas including:
- Business Leadership including management of operating and capital budgets.
- Change Leadership: This position partners with senior leaders and managers to lead and facilitate change in the delivery of technology.
- People Management: The AVP manages the selection, development, evaluation and discipline of over a team in excess of 60 individuals.
- Customer Service: The AVP serves as a source of expertise for enterprise-wide teams, clients, and senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s strongly preferred)
- Ten years of management experience is required
- Ten years of experience within Information Systems is preferred
- Strong strategy and planning skills
- Customer focused
- Demonstrated success leading large projects
- Senior management of large-scale ERP, including installs
- ITIL process preferred
- Complex healthcare environment background, ideally in an academic system
- Experience with large, complex organizations
For more information about the organization, position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar) or click here.
Please note: this is an exclusive representation by Kirby Partners and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Steve Bennett.