Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC) has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their ANMC – Acute/Specialty Clinic CMIO.
ANTHC, located in Anchorage, Alaska, is a nonprofit tribal health organization designed to meet the unique health needs of Alaska Native and American Indian people living in Alaska.
Their work includes comprehensive medical services at Alaska Native Medical Center (ANMC), wellness programs, disease research and prevention, rural provider training, and rural water and sanitation systems construction.
They are the largest, most comprehensive tribal health organization in the United States, and Alaska’s second-largest health employer.
Reporting to the CMO, the ANMC – Acute/Specialty Clinic CMIO directs the selection, development and implementation of computerized patient record systems, maintaining a focus on quality, safety, usability, and process improvement, ensuring that clinicians are fully engaged in the entire process.
As those systems come online, the ANMC Acute/Specialty Clinic CMIO manages content development and maintenance and leverages the technology to improve patient care.
The ANMC – Acute/Specialty Clinic CMIO will be part of the leadership team and a partner for defining the IT vision.
This position is a physician dyad to the CIO and will work in a triad model with the statewide CMIO focusing on Non-ANMC Tribal Health Organization EHR needs. The ANMC – Acute/Specialty Clinic CMIO position focuses on ANMC needs (non primary care); it rolls up to the ANMC leadership team.
The ANMC – Acute/Specialty Clinic CMIO is the translator between onsite and offsite medical staff and a strategist to work alongside other HIT leaders.
- Disentangle shared decision-making within the EHR
- Optimization of order catalog to improve usability
- Standardization of Pharmacy Formulary
- Improvement of Revenue Cycle processes
- Initiative to move to telehealth for all first visits
- Practicing physician able to obtain a valid, unrestricted Alaska Medical License
- Experience with either Cerner or Epic EHR
- A focus on culture and mission with an altruistic, mission-driven philosophy
- Able to develop strong relationships with providers and corporate leaders including strong
communications with both
- Relocation to Anchorage
- Board eligible/certified in clinical informatics
- 5 yrs + clinical work leading implementation or change in EHR, including participation in
selection of clinical informatics platform(s)
- 5 yrs + supervisory experience in a clinical informatics setting
- Significant participation in the selection, implementation, and ongoing use of clinical
informatics systems in a large healthcare organization
- Physician builder/architect in either Epic or Cerner
For more information about the organization, the position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Margaret Cowan or Jaclyn Gates.