This position has been filled.
Keck Medicine of USC has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for their next Chief Technology Officer.
Keck Medicine of USC is the University of Southern California’s medical enterprise, one of only two university-based medical systems in the Los Angeles area. Encompassing academic excellence, world-class research and state-of-the-art clinical care, they attract internationally renowned experts who teach and practice at the Keck School of Medicine of USC, the region’s first medical school.
In 2018, U.S. News & World Report ranked Keck Medical Center of USC among the top three hospitals in Los Angeles and top seven in California.
- Keck Medical Center of USC, includes two acute care hospitals: Keck Hospital of USC and USC Norris Cancer Hospital
- USC Verdugo Hills Hospital (a community hospital)
- More than 40 outpatient facilities, some at affiliated hospitals, in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Tulare and Ventura counties
- USC Care Medical Group, a medical faculty practice
Working at USC:
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles and the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region.
An award-winning employer, USC has been honored every year since the Chronicle of Higher Education began its Great Colleges to Work For program in 2008, including two mentions on their prestigious Honor Roll (“the best of the best”).
Chief Technology Officer Position Overview:
The Chief Technology Officer aligns the technical information technology vision with Hospitals’ and Health Sciences Campus (HSC), which includes Keck School of Medicine’s (KSOM) and USC Care Medical Groups, with overall strategy by integrating processes with the appropriate technologies to meet current and future needs.
The CTO actively contributes to the development and implementation of an IT strategic plan for the Health Sciences Campus and serves as senior technical IT leader for HSC with responsibility for all aspects of developing and implementing technology initiatives.
The CTO has responsibility for day-to-day management and operations work covering architecture, design and development, security, operational integrity, system support and maintenance of existing enterprise information and clinical systems, computer operations, email, and IT financial and human resource management.
The CTO reports to the CIO and manages a staff of approximately 125 people. Keck Medicine recently made significant investments in technology infrastructure. The incoming CTO will benefit from having a solid infrastructure in place and will be tasked with developing impactful solutions that are aligned with the organizational strategic plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred)
- Demonstrated track record of progressively increasing sustained leadership within a complex environment across all areas of information technology
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of and experience with systems design and leadership for a large and diverse organization
- Successful, large-scale project management experience
- Proven operational skills and keen sense of managing technology
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product roadmaps
- Experience leading IT security
- Experience in teaching or academic healthcare setting preferred
For more information about the organization, position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar) or click here.
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Bryan Kirby.