Carilion Clinic has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for their Director of Applications position.
Carilion Clinic, a nationally recognized not-for-profit healthcare system in Roanoke, Virginia, has a comprehensive network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and other complementary services. They are continuing to evolve, developing a multi-specialty physician group, transforming primary care practices into patient-centered medical homes, implementing electronic health records system-wide, creating a robust partnership with Virginia Tech, and opening a medical school and research institute.
Key Network Indicators:
- 13, 230 employees
- 1,026 licensed beds, not including 60 Neonatal ICU beds
- 50,739 admissions
- $1.7 billion (net) total revenues
Director of Applications Position Overview:
The Director of Applications will provide overall leadership and direction on the oversight of clinical and business applications. This includes inpatient and ambulatory systems, including medical devices, as well as financial and administrative systems. The Director of Applications will manage staff of about 125 people. The Carilion Clinic SVP/CIO has a plan to build a very high performing IT organization. He has the complete support of the organization and senior leadership. The IT department is approximately 400 people. They have been an Epic client since 2007 and this April will go live with Epic 2018.
- B/S degree in computer-related field, or equivalent education and experience; Masters preferred
- Healthcare provider experience required, preferably in a multi-hospital system
- Minimum of 5 years experience in clinical applications preferred
- Proven track record of being able to lead people and navigate change
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage customers, build consensus, collaborate, and relate complex topics
- Experience with Epic preferred
For more information about the organization, position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar) or click here.
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Bryan Kirby.