This position has been filled.
TMC HealthCare has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Director of Technology.
Tucson Medical Center (TMC) has been Tucson’s locally governed nonprofit regional hospital for more than 75 years.
TMC is Southern Arizona’s leading provider for emergency care and pediatric care (including Tucson’s first Pediatric Emergency Department), with intensive care units for adults, children, and newborns.
Other specialty areas include women’s, maternity, cardiac care, orthopaedic, neuroscience, hospice, surgical, vascular, palliative, and geropsychiatric care.
TMC HealthCare is the corporate entity that includes Tucson Medical Center, Benson Hospital, and TMCOne primary and specialty care practices.
Director of Technology Job Overview
Partnering with TMC’s new CIO, the Director of Technology will be taking the organization on an exciting technology journey that will result in a great digital experience for TMCH employees and patients.
This position directs and coordinates the planning, production and activities of the IT Infrastructure environment, including Network Services, Server Management, Interfaces, Telecommunications, Desktop Management, Clinical Engineering, and Data Security.
- Opportunity to take a solid healthcare technology foundation and move it to the next level
- Oversees a team of 60+
- Reports to the VP/CIO of Information Technology
- Opportunity to be involved in the technology planning for a new hospital
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent required.
- Eight+ years of IT experience.
- Five+ years of supervisory or management experience.
Key Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of best practices for system analysis and review, developing documentation and SOW’s.
- Knowledge of budget development and management, and analyzing costs for new projects.
- Skill in leading, guiding and evaluating performance and providing training to improve performance.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, patients and/or their representatives, and the general public.
- Collaborative visionary dreamer with skills in driving innovation.
- “People person technologist” who knows how to engage patients from a technology perspective.
- Certification related to or associated with data security, and project management is highly desirable.
For more information about the organization, the Director of Technology position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Steve Bennett.