This position has been filled.
Geisinger has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Chief Information Security Officer.
Geisinger, a nationally recognized, world-class healthcare system that is leading healthcare change, is an integrated health system that is widely recognized for its innovative use of electronic health records and the development of innovative care delivery models.
Geisinger is comprised of 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, a college of medicine and a nearly 600,000-member health plan serving more than three million residents in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and beyond.
Geisinger’s key initiatives include:
- Geisinger Health Plan is known for its high-quality, affordable healthcare benefits.
- 65 Forward, senior-focused primary care centers that combine smaller panel sizes and wellness programming to provide a concierge experience.
- Geisinger at Home, their team-based care that makes it easier to improve health for their sickest patients by meeting them where they are at home.
- Precision Health/MyCode Community Health Initiative leverages multiple generations of data and genetic sequencing to generate insights that make anticipatory changes in patients’ care plans.
- Mail-order pharmacy that auto-refills every 90 days for enrolled patients at a lower cost and bypasses the need for a retail pharmacy.
- Primary care expansion provides patients with providers that act as a trusted resource they can turn to partner with for all their health needs.
- Telemedicine that makes it easier for patients to connect with providers from wherever they are located.
- Employee engagement and retention that invests in employees’ development with opportunities for mentorship, professional growth, and career advancement.
- Top patient satisfaction with providers that consistently rank in the top 10 percent in patient experience nationally.
- The Geisinger Academy provides a continuum of learning opportunities with a focus on teaching and learning, communication, management and leadership, scholarly activity, and precision medicine.
Chief Information Security Officer Position Overview
The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is primarily responsible for risk management including advising senior management of risks to the business due to the implementation of technology used for business operation.
This advisory position includes maturing and innovating an information security program and management infrastructure to ensure that technology risks are identified and managed according to the risk culture of the enterprise.
The CISO reports to the Chief Assurance Officer at Geisinger who reports to the Audit and Compliance Committee of the Board of Directors. The CISO also provides updates to the Committee on a quarterly basis. The CISO works closely with peers in information technology, privacy, legal and internal audit.
Some other key projects:
- Integrating an academic institution’s technology platform into the System’s information technology infrastructure
- Developing a security strategy to support various joint venture information technology requirements
The CISO will provide leadership to the security team of approximately 20 staff, which includes security operations, incident response, cloud security, and security communications.
The CISO will continue to build a robust security program based on the NIST framework. Some of the key projects in which the CISO will play an integral role will be:
- Partnering with information technology to provide information security recommendations during Geisinger’s digital transformation/cloud modernization
- Maturing the information security program, policies and tools to support a hybrid-cloud model
- Improving security awareness
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
Leadership Experience: Minimum of seven years
Related Work Experience: Minimum of seven years
Healthcare Experience: Preferred
For more information about the organization, the Chief Information Security Officer position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Bryan Kirby.