Baxter International, Inc. has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Senior Artificial Intelligence Engineer – Enterprise Technology and Innovation.
Baxter International, Inc. is a global medical equipment manufacturing company that provides solutions for diagnostic, critical care, nutrition, kidney care, hospital and surgical products to millions of patients, caregivers, and providers.
For 90 years, Baxter has been making an impact at the critical intersection where innovations that save and sustain lives meet the healthcare providers who make it happen.
Baxter’s portfolio of products, therapies, and digital health solutions is available in more than 100 countries, building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of transformative healthcare innovations.
Baxter’s acquisition of Hillrom in 2021 has formed one of the world’s leading medical technology companies, centered around a shared vision to transform healthcare.
Baxter invests in companies with innovative technologies, products, and therapies that accelerate growth and advance patient care. Each investment opportunity undergoes a rigorous evaluation process to determine if it has the potential to address unmet clinical needs and offer sustainable long-term growth. Baxter’s investment focus includes therapeutic areas complementary to Baxter’s presence in critical, hospital, nutritional, renal and surgical care, as well as cutting-edge technology and therapies.
Baxter supports the pioneering efforts of clinicians and scientists through its research and external funding and university partnerships to those who are focused on innovative research, and continuing education for healthcare professionals.
Senior Artificial Intelligence Engineer Position Overview
The Senior Artificial Intelligence Engineer is a strategic position that will lead the development and delivery of AI technologies, ensuring that technology deliverables are met based on business requirements.
The Senior Artificial Intelligence Engineer reports to the Director of Digital Health and Business Intelligence.
This highly consultative position recommends solutions to new and complex problems, develops innovative strategies, and quantifies the competitive performance of the organization’s operations.
This position will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers, and researchers to deliver end-to-end products from ideation to data collection and analysis, model architecture design, development, testing, validation, and integration into the production environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.).
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 6+ years working experience in data sciences, machine learning, mathematics, and artificial intelligence.
- Experience with Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Experience with relational databases and programming languages like R, SQL and Python.
- Software engineering experience: capacity to perform coding, debugging, testing (including unit tests, functional tests, and integration tests).
- Experience with business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau).
- Experience with common data science toolkits and data management tools.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and statistical skills.
- Advanced ability to perform exploratory data analysis.
- Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way.
- Ability to visualize data in the most effective way possible for a given project or study.
- Ability to work independently and with team members from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
This is a remote opportunity that does entail travel to client sites and occasional visits to Baxter’s U.S. headquarters in Chicago.
For more information about the organization, the Senior Artificial Intelligence Engineer position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Bryan Kirby.