Harris Health has retained Kirby Partners to identify, qualify, and present individuals for their Vice President/Chief Technology position.
The Vice President/Chief Technology Officer will have overall responsibility for the architecture, design, implementation, operation, and support of the technology infrastructure services including end user computing solutions, network, servers, storage, messaging, telecommunications, database administration and other technology platforms across the enterprise. This position is also responsible for IT infrastructure facilities. Services include solutions engineering, desktop support and service desk, unified communications services, and IT software and hardware asset management.
Harris Health, located in Houston, Texas, is a fully integrated healthcare system, offering an array of primary care, specialty care and acute care, and includes two full-service hospitals. Harris Health is also a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UT Health).
Key Network Indicators:
- 1,947,989 total outpatient visits
- 172,345 total emergency visits
- 6,596 births
- Primary Care
- Same Day Clinics
- Specialty Care
- Emergency Care
The CTO leads the development of infrastructure strategy, architecture, service delivery, standards, and procedures for the enterprise. This position analyzes and predicts trends and develops long-range plans designed to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness of the enterprise IT infrastructure. The CTO participates in IT strategy planning activities, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of infrastructure technology and systems and best practices as related to the needs of the business. The position proactively researches and recommends courses of action to prevent problems and to maintain high infrastructure service levels for the user community. The CTO establishes metrics, key performance indicators and service level agreements for driving the performance of IT service delivery. This position reports to the Chief Information Officer and leads a team of around 100 employees.
- Harris Health System’s IT organization has a highly developed ITIL framework ensuring a common language and standardized processes across the organization. Experience with ITIL is critical to the success of anyone in this positions.
- Executive-level experience at the Vice President rank or higher with a $1.5B organization
- Strong technical background with a consistent promotional track record
- Oversight of the full scope of infrastructure technology: network, storage/data, database, help desk, desktop engineering and support, field services, and solution engineering
- Proven success in disaster recovery and business continuity planning
For more information about the organization, position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar) or click here.