This position has been filled.
Vidant Health has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for this VP, Clinical Informatics job.
Vidant Health is a mission-driven health care system that serves more than 1.4 million people across 29 counties in Eastern North Carolina. Their partnership with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University provides a continuum of care that addresses wellness, prevention, and community health issues as well as acute care, post-acute care, home health, and hospice.
Additionally, in 2013, Vidant Health opened James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital, and in April 2018, they opened Vidant Cancer Care at the Eddie and Jo Allison Smith Tower in Greenville. The 418,000-square-foot facility serves as the region’s hub for oncology care.
VP, Clinical Informatics Job Overview:
Blending strategy, team building, and mentorship, the VP, Clinical Informatics at Vidant Health will drive a variety of technology projects across all care settings to enable the health systems digital transformation strategies. Current initiatives include value-based care, patient and clinical team member experience, quality improvement, capacity management, and precision medicine.
As a dynamic executive leader, the VP of Clinical Informatics will partner with operations to help grow and deliver on the strategic roadmap, prioritize projects, set organizational expectations, and “get into the weeds” when needed.
The VP of Clinical Informatics will report to the CIO and collaborate with the CMIO, IT leaders, as well as the nursing and clinical leadership teams.
- Master’s degree in Nursing or related clinical discipline
- Current RN or other clinical licensure required
- Informatics certification (ANCC Nursing Informatics or CPHIMS)
- Minimum seven years progressive informatics leadership experience, preferably in large multi-facility health system
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present complex informatics solutions to clinical and executive audiences
- Demonstrated understanding of business operations and clinical workflows
- Ability to multi-task and manage complex issues with executive stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Doctorate in Nursing Practice or Informatics
- Professional publication experience
- Epic experience highly preferred
- Organizational change management experience
- Participation in application of AI such as predictive models, precision medicine, or pharmacogenomics
For more information about the organization, the VP, Clinical Informatics job, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar) or click here.
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this VP, Clinical Informatics job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Bryan Kirby.