Our TechLX speaker series on employee retention featured WSJ Best-Selling Author Dr. Beverly Kaye.
This free workshop titled “The Engagement Imperative: How to Inspire, Motivate, and Keep Top IT Talent” was held on May 12, 2021, at 3 P.M. via Zoom.
Beverly Kaye’s book “Love ‘Em or Lose ‘Em” has been a Wall Street Journal best-seller for over two decades with over 800,00 copies sold. The book offers 26 simple strategies for keeping good employees from A to Z, that managers can use to address their employees’ real concerns and keep them engaged. The sixth edition puts a new emphasis on diversity and inclusion as it is a direct connection to employee retention and engagement.
For example, chapter 6 focuses on family. Different cultures view family responsibilities differently, so the authors address how to take that into consideration when a treasured employee asks for extended leave to care for a grandparent. And a new section called “Conversations That Count” offers discussion questions for sparking deeper conversation around the topics in the book.
This new edition will ensure that Love ‘Em or Lose ‘Em will continue to help managers all over the world create a workplace culture of “belonging”, one in which everyone can bring their best self to work and leverage the talents on their teams.
Proven to support managers worldwide, these employee retention concepts are based on four key truths:
- Engaging and keeping people is a perennial issue. Never before have organizations relied so heavily on employees being engaged in the business for competitive advantage.
- Leaders have influence over engagement and retention. They have the opportunity to provide challenging and meaningful work, recognition and respect, and include all of their people to maximize overall contributions to the organization.
- Love ‘Em strategies support Engagement and Inclusion. The truth is, your employees cannot feel included without engagement. And they can’t be engaged without feeling a true sense of belonging.
- Leadership Development Basics demand Love ‘Em Practices. “People don’t leave companies, they leave managers.” All 26 A to Z strategies must become second nature to all managers and leaders of talent.
An excerpt from Beverly Kaye’s employee retention book is available here.
Employee Retention Workshop Overview
We were excited to partner with Ouellette & Associates to offer this free workshop, “The Engagement Imperative: How to Inspire, Motivate, and Keep Top IT Talent” to help IT and HR leaders learn strategies and tactics used by best-in-class organizations to engage, inspire, and retain team members.
Dr. Beverly Kaye was joined by Judy Kirby and Dan Roberts, one of the best-connected thought leaders in the CIO space.
“Decades of experience has allowed me to feel absolutely comfortable on any size stage in my three areas of specialty: Development, Engagement, and Retention. My books, research, consulting, and speaking experience (and the school of hard knocks) have taught me the most. I know how to deliver the serious stuff without forgetting the smile factor. I’m really good at demystifying complex issues and conversations so both managers and individuals say, “I can do that!” – Beverly Kaye
Attendees heard how top CIOs and talent experts are building sustainable loyalty and driving impassioned performance in the process.
Designed for both IT and HR leaders, attendees learned strategies and tactics for:
- Attracting great talent
- Building sustainable loyalty
- Engaging your team
- Driving impassioned performance
- Preventing burnout
- Retaining your most valuable employees
Our value-packed FREE 45-minute training was held on May 12 at 3 P.M. eastern standard time via zoom.