MemorialCare has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Enterprise Resource Planning Director.
MemorialCare is a nonprofit health system that includes four hospitals, two medical groups, imaging centers, and surgical centers serving millions of patients at over 200 locations in Southern California. MemorialCare is one of the leading health systems in Orange and Los Angeles County with all four hospitals achieving national recognition for excellence.
The integrated health system includes:
- Primary care at over 30 health centers
- Urgent care locations
- Free-standing imaging centers
- Ambulatory surgical centers
- Dialysis centers
MemorialCare offers more value-based products than any other health system in Southern California. Their Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) include a customized, direct contract between MemorialCare and Boeing, the MemorialCare Health Alliance, as well as other innovative plans like Aetna Whole Health, and Vivity offered by Anthem Blue Cross and created in partnership with 6 other leading health systems in the LA market.
Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital Long Beach has recently opened pediatric outpatient locations across the region, with specialty centers in Irvine, Fountain Valley, and Torrance. MemorialCare is also in a strategic partnership with UCLA Mattel Children’s Hospital that is enhancing children’s services across Southern California.
Enterprise Resource Planning Director Job Overview
MemorialCare’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Director owns responsibility to oversee the effective operation of all applications in the ERP ecosystem and the integration of data to this environment.
They lead the identification, review, selection, and integration of new applications into the organization and manage changes to existing applications such as PeopleSoft, MTM, and Strata.
The ERP Director is ultimately accountable for ensuring the organization’s repository of ERP ecosystem software applications through best practices and appropriate staffing, including the administration, monitoring, and support of software and ancillary systems.
The ERP Director works with the ERP manager to ensure planning, coordination, direction, and the design of operational activities of the IS department, as well as provides direction and support for IS solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations.
This Director will ensure solid, repeatable, documented process & policies are in place, followed and maintained.
- Oversees an ERP team of ten, which includes an ERP Manager
- Reports to the VP of Information Services
- Opportunity to make PeopleSoft a premier application it should be within the MemorialCare system
- High visibility to key system executives.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience
- Experience in implementing information systems, clinical initiatives, including electronic healthcare, academic and research systems
- Experienced in best practice application architectures, integration frameworks, technical strategies to ensure stability and reliability
- Proven ability to create a clear strategic vision for information services that supports business objectives and execute on that vision
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- True executive leadership in addition to proficiency in managing an ERP area
- Past success driving organizational change
- Team player favoring collaborative approaches for working with internal and external partners
- Project management skills
- A history of successful peer level engagement
- Competency producing and delivering presentations to diverse audiences and senior leaders
- Ability to promote and maintain good interpersonal relationships, and a proficiency in team building, conflict resolution, and group interaction; proven ability to manage and coordinate individuals with different professional training, skill sets, and personalities
The Work Environment:
- While there will be opportunities for a periodic remote work environment, the ERP Director should live or relocate to within a 90-minute driving distance of MemorialCare
For more information about the organization, the Enterprise Resource Planning Director position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Bryan Kirby