Owensboro Health has retained Kirby Partners to identify, qualify and present individuals for their Chief Information Officer Position.
Owensboro Health is a not-for-profit health system that serves the needs of twelve counties in Western Kentucky and two counties in southern Indiana; their facilities include:
- Owensboro Health Regional Hospital
- One Health Medical Group
- Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital
Chief Information Officer Position Highlights
Provides technology vision and oversees the development and implementation of the system-wide information technology (IT) program. The CIO will lead the health care system in planning and implementing information systems to support clinical and business operations and achieve effective operations.
- Serves as a member of the executive team and participates in development of the organization’s vision, policies and short/long-term objectives.
- Oversees the Information Technology vision and continually has constant knowledge of future systems improvements to recommend.
- Serves as the authority over matters relating to information technology, process methodology and design and delivery of information services.
- In collaboration of IT management, oversees the development and implementation of the IT disaster recovery plans and ensures security of sensitive data
- Ensures systems are high quality and results in cost effective processes.
- Maintains knowledge of information technology trends and understands the value of new technology and makes recommendations to the executive team.
- Oversees IT management in the design, implementation, operation and security of the organization’s IT systems and applications.
- Oversees IT operating and capital budgets to assure corporate goals and objectives are met.
- Serves as liaison between Board of Directors, executive leadership, management, external contacts and regulatory agencies.
- Provides strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the information and technology systems for the entire system
- Adheres to all organizational policies and procedures. Executes all tasks and behaves in a manner consistent with a culture of safety and a high reliability organization; behavior supports the organization’s core commitments of Integrity, Service, Respect, Teamwork, Excellence, and Innovation.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 8 or more years of experience in a related field required
- 5 or more years in a leadership role required
- Healthcare CIO or high level leadership experience required
- Epic is a plus
- ITIL experience a plus