Baxter International, Inc. has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Senior Director, Enterprise Architect.
Baxter International, Inc. is a global medical equipment manufacturing company that provides solutions for diagnostic, critical care, nutrition, kidney care, hospital and surgical products to millions of patients, caregivers, and providers.
For 90 years, Baxter has been making an impact at the critical intersection where innovations that save and sustain lives meet the healthcare providers who make it happen.
Baxter’s portfolio of products, therapies, and digital health solutions is available in more than 100 countries, building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of transformative healthcare innovations.
Baxter’s acquisition of Hillrom in 2021 has formed one of the world’s leading medical technology companies, centered around a shared vision to transform healthcare.
Baxter invests in companies with innovative technologies, products, and therapies that accelerate growth and advance patient care. Each investment opportunity undergoes a rigorous evaluation process to determine if it has the potential to address unmet clinical needs and offer sustainable long-term growth. Baxter’s investment focus includes therapeutic areas complementary to Baxter’s presence in critical, hospital, nutritional, renal and surgical care, as well as cutting-edge technology and therapies.
Baxter supports the pioneering efforts of clinicians and scientists through its research and external funding and university partnerships to those who are focused on innovative research, and continuing education for healthcare professionals.
Senior Director, Enterprise Architect Position Overview
The Senior Director, Enterprise Architect is an exciting opportunity to work at the critical intersection where innovations that save and sustain lives meet the healthcare providers that make it happen.
The Senior Director, Enterprise Architect will partner with healthcare customers to develop and deliver bespoke solutions based on Baxter’s products. This position will also work with Baxter’s product team to develop the future roadmaps of Baxter’s products.
The Senior Director, Enterprise Architect will act as a technology leader and SME supporting Baxter’s U.S. Hospital Products Organization (USHPO).
Reporting to the Vice President of Innovation & Enterprise Technology, this role is directly responsible for the review, design, delivery and execution of Enterprise level solutions for Baxter U.S. customers.
Bachelor’s degree and/or 7+ years of work experience in enterprise architecture solutions management.
- Must have experience supporting clinical environments to include Acute Care environments.
- Experience working with hospital systems’ technical leadership and third party hospital information system providers such as Cerner, Epic, Meditech, etc.
- Experience designing solutions that utilize Containerization and Virtualization.
- Deep knowledge of enterprise technology and architecture.
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand complex workflows and business processes.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to implement enterprise solutions.
- Comprehensive project management understanding and experience.
- Ability to proactively engage in executive presentations and white board sessions.
- Baxter’s enterprise software solution architecture and implementation is on-premises and an understanding of different enterprise architecture methodologies is needed.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional dynamic team environment.
- Ability to work independently, under minimal direct supervision.
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Creativity in addressing technical challenges.
- Technical depth or breadth in one or more systems environments and strategic technologies.
- Ability to assist with medical device integration projects.
- Must be able to travel 30-40%.
- Background in Hospital IT is preferred.
This is a remote opportunity that does entail travel to client sites and occasional visits to Baxter’s U.S. headquarters in Chicago.
For more information about the organization, the Senior Director, Enterprise Architect position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Bryan Kirby.