Kootenai Health has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Director, IT Project Program Management.
Kootenai Health provides a comprehensive range of medical services to patients in North Idaho, eastern Washington, Montana, and the Inland Northwest at several facility locations.
The main Kootenai Health campus is located in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, and includes a 330-bed community-owned hospital and nearly 300 employed providers and more than 600 on medical staff across 25+ clinical specialties from family medicine, cardiology, orthopedics, surgery, and more.
Kootenai Health is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (MCCN) a national network of organizations that share a commitment to better serving patients and their families.
As part of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, Kootenai Health providers have access to Mayo Clinic’s knowledge and expertise, allowing many patients to avoid unnecessary travel for answers to complex medical questions.
Kootenai Health is focused on its core commitments to safety, compassion, and engagement and is aiming to be a premier medical destination by 2030.
Kootenai Health is the largest employer in North Idaho, with over 3,700 employees, 75% of whom are women.
Director, IT Project Program Management Position Overview
The IT Director of Project and Program Management provides day-to-day management of project, program, and portfolio management teams, governances, and project structure and process, thus supporting the full portfolio of application and infrastructure services provided to Kootenai Health.
This senior leader manages a 5-person team focused on the successful implementation and enhancement of designated Epic applications, modules and third-party applications, as well as infrastructure and security services. Most recently this totaled about 200 projects annually.
This position is responsible for intake and portfolio management, and project management for corporate governance councils as well as enterprise and line-of-business projects.
The IT Director of Project and Program Management will be responsible for managing the business relationship with the client from inception of a new client through the entire project process.
Reporting to the CIO, this position is responsible for managing a departmental budget, managing expenditures, and developing and maintaining a project dashboard.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Information Services, Project Management or Healthcare Administration, or an equivalent combination of education, skills and relevant experience required
- Seven years or more of project management experience in technology implementations of packaged software solutions and infrastructure changes in a healthcare or relevant environment required
- Three years or more of prior leadership experience with direct reports and project teams is required
- Experience using project management, spreadsheet, and relational database computer software to analyze data and produce reports required
- Knowledge and application of methodologies for project management and process improvement
- Practical experience with electronic health information systems including configuration, implementation, support and optimization in an ambulatory or hospital setting
- Advanced understanding of the standard tools, workflow processes, and/or procedures and concepts used in the development and deployment of application software necessary to run the healthcare systems business, clinical or financial systems
- Practical experience developing and maintaining business relationships with project clients
- Master’s Degree in Information Services, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Administration, or a related IT or healthcare field is preferred
- Kootenai Health requires all staff members to have up-to-date Covid vaccinations
- This position participates in director-level-on-call rotation
- Position can be 100% remote but there will be regular on-site team meetings
For more information about the organization, the Director, IT Project Program Management position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Margaret Cowan.