El Camino Health has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Assistant Vice President/CISO.
El Camino Health provides a personalized healthcare experience at two non-profit acute care hospitals in Los Gatos and Mountain View and at primary care, multi-specialty care, and urgent care locations across Santa Clara County in California.
For nearly sixty years, the organization has grown to meet the needs of individuals and communities it serves. Bringing together the best in new technology and advanced medicine, the network of nationally recognized physicians and care teams deliver high-quality, compassionate care. Key medical specialties include heart and vascular, cancer and lifestyle medicine.
Assistant Vice President/CISO Job Overview
Assistant Vice President/CISO establishes and maintains the enterprise Security vision, strategy and program to ensure information assets and technologies are adequately protected.
The Assistant Vice President serves in the role of Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and is responsible for all IT security aspects of the organization’s information technology and systems, including policies, standards, and oversight of the security program and security operations management of El Camino Hospital.
This Assistant Vice President oversees a team of 4-5 security professionals and reports to the CIO.
The Assistant Vice President will serve a variety of roles including internal consultant, educator, security cheerleader, trusted advisor, and will be the “go-to person” for security questions within the organization.
The selected candidate will show a history of continually questioning how improvements can be made, and will exhibit exemplary relationship building and customer service abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fifteen years of information technology experience including 5 years of management experience with solid background in the development and execution of an enterprise wide information security program
- Five years of people management experience including hiring, coaching, and developing internal staff members and managing external resources to achieve goals and deliverables
- Demonstrated understanding of overall organizational operations and how work is accomplished between departments and divisions, and its implications for all impacted stakeholders, including technology resources and infrastructure requirements
- Proven ability to lead and influence the organization’s leaders to support efforts and implementation of strategic initiatives that impact the organization’s performance, systems, processes and structure
- High degree of executive presence
- Master’s degree
- A healthcare technology background (strongly preferred)
- Security certifications
For more information about the organization, the Assistant Vice President/CISO position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Steve Bennett.