Grady Health System has retained Kirby Partners to identify, qualify and present individuals for their Executive Director of Technology Position.
Grady Health System is one of the largest public health systems in the United States and has been serving the city of Atlanta since 1892. The hospital has the region’s premier Level I Trauma Center as well as best in class burn and stroke care.
Grady’s physicians, who are on the faculties of Emory and Morehouse medical schools, provide Grady patients with unparalleled care in specialties like cancer, urology, cardiology, neurology, and chronic disease. Grady also provides family medicine and senior care. Grady has a staff of about 5,800 employees, 953 beds and numerous ambulatory locations throughout Atlanta and the surrounding area.
Executive Director of Technology Position Highlights
The Executive Director of Technology is responsible for planning, implementation and management of technology services consisting of data center, server, storage, network, telecom, information security, PC/desktop support and helpdesk. Responsibilities include:
- Supporting all technology aspects of 24×7 operation
- Developing technology strategies to support organization and IT strategy
- Managing maintenance of technology and equipment (e.g. software and hardware) to enable minimal disruption to business operations
- Hiring, developing and retaining talent to support an effective technology environment
- Effectively communicating to administration and customers
- Developing relationships within IT and the customer base
- Creating a technology environment to achieve acceptable uptime levels
- Designing and implementing technologies to support new projects/initiatives
- Managing team performance and productivity standards and taking action as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- Five years’ experience managing technology teams
- Strong technical acumen with proven experience developing system architecture and the design of high availability systems
- Excellent communication and leadership skills; highly collaborative