Kirby Partners is filling an interim CTO position for a leading healthcare system that has a 500+ person IT department and runs Epic.
Interim CTO Overview:
This key leadership position will lead and manage all technology for the organization. The duration of the position is anticipated to be about six months. The position is open due to the previous CTO moving to a consulting firm. The new CIO is innovative and is looking for the CTO to also innovate and help move the organization forward. As a large system, they understand the need for technology to play a key role in progressive medicine.
- Manage, lead and mentor a team of approximately 150 people in all areas of technology from security, infrastructure, data warehouses, mobile technology, cloud, networks, and telecommunications
- Set and implement (in conjunction with the CIO) a strategic technology vision
- Maintain and improve customer service
- Prepare for new system implementations and new organizational growth
- Healthcare IT experience with a multiple hospital system
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred
- Strong understanding of current healthcare technology as well as an understanding of where technology is headed
- Large organization experience overseeing multiple locations
- Experience and knowledge of data security, data warehousing, infrastructure, networking, applications, telecommunication, cloud technology, mobile computing, etc.
- Demonstrated vendor negotiation skills
Skills and Professional Attributes:
- High level of political astuteness
- Ability to work in a very matrixed organization
- Experience managing large teams at multiple sites
- Ability to navigate and bring together different IT cultures
- Ability to provide superior uptime and customer service in a rapidly growing organization