University of Maryland Faculty Physicians, Inc. has retained Kirby Partners to identify, qualify and present individuals for their Chief Information Officer position.
University of Maryland Faculty Physicians, Inc. (UM FPI) is made up of more than 1,400 faculty members from the University of Maryland School of Medicine, and has offices located across Maryland.
University of Maryland Faculty Physicians locations:
- Anne Arundel County
- Baltimore City
- Baltimore County
- Charles County
- Carroll County
- Harford County
- Howard County
- Prince George’s County
To learn more about University of Maryland Faculty Physicians, Inc., visit: http://umfpi.org/
Chief Information Officer Position Description:
The CIO will direct, plan and manage FPI’s Information Systems policies, procedures and resources to assure the development and implementation of information technology infrastructure, voice and data network, Web and Internet services, software development and application portfolio management and related functions (communications, office systems, production activities, etc.).
- Participates as a member of the Executive Staff team in the development and ongoing review of FPI’s strategic plans, budgets, operating plans, and policies.
- Participates in strategic planning in concert with the practice plan’s vision, mission and values that contribute toward maintaining FPI’s growing market share, reimbursement maximization, and cost containment including productivity improvement.
- Responsible for the development and operational management of GE/IDX/EPIC systems which provides professional administration billing services to the FPI faculty practices.
- Manages at the highest level the relationship necessary with the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) for FPI’s effective use of Epic systems.
- Establishes the current and long-range direction of technology aimed at keeping the organization on the forefront of change.
- Directs the continuing review and analysis of present systems and methods and the formulation of new and revised systems to determine changes to improve operations, reduce costs, and enhance overall efficiency of operations.
- Ensures regular contact with the vendors; develops bid specs and negotiates vendor contracts for all software/hardware purchases.
- Oversees the development of documents, policies and procedures of operations for problem analysis, system design, programming, system testing, system documentation, and computer operations for data processing, billing and collection systems.
- Assists departments in the selection and setup of applications appropriate to their activities.
- Promotes the interfacing and control of FPI’s present technology and the dissemination of technological information throughout the organization.
- Communicates the organization’s product and technology direction to FPI’s strategy partners, financial analysts, and internal and external entities as necessary.
- Demonstrates an extensive understanding of business operations in the technology industry, product research and development, and the telecommunications environment.
- Manage the recruitment, hiring, training and evaluations of ITM department staff.
- Defines problems, collects data, analyze available information and evaluates results to choose the best solution to solve problems and make high impact decisions.
- Motivates, develops, and directs people to achieve business goals.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible experience in a mid-sized to large company directing and overseeing information technology management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Advanced knowledge of both technology and general management and the ability to integrate new or existing technologies into the business.
- Proven strong customer service focus.
- Demonstrated ability to make operational and management decisions in response to changing conditions and in emergencies.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel and present information to numerous audiences.
- Ability to develop ITM financial and related operational information.
- Demonstrated knowledge of: medical group business and technology needs; ongoing practice management and healthcare trends, health care legislation and regulatory standards; health information technology standards and capabilities, vendors and emerging technologies; organizational fiduciary, budgetary and financial methods and practices; business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Healthcare technology experience within an academic environment is strongly desired.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- A senior level technology background with a large physician practice will differentiate candidates.
- Epic experience is a strong plus.
- Experience with telemedicine is a plus.
- A background in electronic security is strongly desired.