University of Virginia Health System has retained Kirby Partners to identify, qualify and present individuals for their Information Security Officer position.
UVA Health System is nationally renowned and includes a 612-bed hospital and level I trauma center, nationally recognized cancer and heart centers, Children’s Hospital, and primary and specialty clinics throughout Central Virginia.
UVA Health System Facilities:
- UVA Medical Center
- Novant Health UVA Health System
- UVA Transitional Care Hospital (LTACH)
- UVA Physician’s Group
- UVA School of Medicine
- UVA School of Nursing
- Claude Moore Health Sciences Library
Information Security Officer Position Description:
The Information Security Officer will be responsible for setting information security strategy across the health system, school of medicine and the physician group. Accordingly, the Information Security Officer is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the implementation of strategic initiatives to preserve the availability, integrity and confidentiality of Health System information resources. The Information Security Officer is also responsible for ongoing management of the Health System’s cybersecurity defenses and responses to threats and attacks. The Information Security Officer works in close collaboration with the UVA Chief Information Security Officer, Health System Compliance and Privacy Officer, UVA Internal Audit, UVA Legal, and external audit and other agencies.
- Implement comprehensive Information Security Program
- Direct Information Security Risk Management Program
- Serve as the organization’s senior information security leader
- Provide effective leadership
- Model effective communication and collaboration skills/behaviors
- Take action to achieve measurable results
- Support innovation and organizational change to improve effectiveness
- Develop talent and coach peers and others to develop their capabilities
- Achieve budgetary goals
- Apply knowledge of functional area to effectively manage operations
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years from date of hire/transfer to obtain Master’s Degree
- 7- 10 years demonstrated experience in related area
- 5 years leadership in healthcare information technology security
- Experience working with legal, audit, and compliance professionals
- Thorough understanding of Federal and Commonwealth regulations including HIPAA, ARRA, HITECH, etc.
- One or more professional certifications in either Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Global Information Assurance Certification (SANS/GIAC), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
Watch our video for additional information about this opportunity.