This position has been filled.
Albany Med Health System has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Vice President of IT Clinical Systems.
Albany Med Health System is a four-hospital system and the only regionally governed, not-for-profit health system serving three million people in northeastern New York and western New England.
Comprised of Albany Medical Center, Columbia Memorial Health, Glens Falls Hospital, and Saratoga Hospital, the Albany Med Health System has a century-long tradition caring for its communities.
Albany Med Health System has 1,520 hospital beds, more than 800 physicians, 125 outpatient locations, and is supported by a longstanding affiliation with the Albany Visiting Nurses, providing services to patients of all the System hospitals.
The hospitals, physicians’ practice offices, and urgent care centers of the Albany Med Health System retain their own unique identities for the communities they serve. Each hospital maintains its own name, leadership, employees, board and fundraising team.
Albany Med Health System is Northeastern New York’s only academic medical center and the centerpiece of medicine, research, and medical education in the region and one of the area’s largest private employers.
Albany Med Health System incorporates the 766-bed Albany Medical Center Hospital and Albany Medical College, which trains the next generation of doctors, scientists and other healthcare professionals. Albany Medical College is the 19th oldest medical school in the country. The college includes a biomedical research enterprise and the region’s largest physicians practice with 500 doctors.
During 2020, Albany Med Health System researchers received more than 250 grants totaling more than $20 million to study numerous conditions, including the novel coronavirus.
Albany Med includes:
- Regional Trauma Center
- Regional AIDS Treatment Center
- Regional Resource Center
- Region’s most sophisticated Emergency Department
- Air medical transport service (LifeNet)
- Region’s only kidney and pancreas transplant program
- Children’s Hospital, including peds and neonatal ICUs, and the Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders
Vice President of IT Clinical Systems Position Overview
The Vice President of IT Clinical Systems is a senior executive providing leadership for the development, management and integration of information and technologies necessary to support the mission, strategies, objectives and goals of the Albany Med Health System.
Reporting to the System CIO and working as a collaborative partner with senior leader colleagues, the VP will oversee and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the information technology systems for Albany Med Health System, including:
- Application implementation and support
- Transformation coincident with a full-scale system wide continuous health record (CHR) deployment
Upon completion of a system-wide implementation, the VP will oversee the full CHR portfolio and that working team.
The incumbent is a leader of the transformation program officer/structure and will work with the System CIO, the overall transformational leadership, the IT management committee and other leadership teams as necessary to understand and influence information technology direction.
The VP will routinely report progress work at the IT board committee and other board committees as requested. Through these forums and other less formal interactions and relationships,the VP will develop and foster a culture of responsive customer-oriented services and internal accountability, as well as create teams that are people-perceptive, technically gifted,and have a sound understanding of business sand clinical processes.
The position has direct responsibility for the Technology CHR transformation team. The VP will teach, advocate, and mentor managers and staff on how to apply standards, tools, and methodologies while delivering high quality business focused customer service.
Key critical relationships include the system chief medical informatics officer, system chief nursing informatics officer and many executive colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent.
- Successful history of planning, implementing and supporting systems in a complex, academic health care environment.
- Experience implementing a CHR across a scaled, multi-hospital integrated delivery network is required, including either Epic or Cerner Millennium as the key vendor.
- Proven leadership experience in an academic health system/integrated delivery system.
- A solid business orientation and strong, credible executive record in healthcare and information systems delivery.
- Master’s degree in business, engineering, or health/public administration.
- Experience implementing a CHR in an affiliated rather than merged organization.
For more information about the organization, the Vice President of IT Clinical Systems position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Bryan Kirby.