This position has been filled.
Chief Medical Information Officer
Aspirus Health has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Chief Medical Information Officer.
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. Its 11,000 employees are focused on improving the health and well-being of people throughout Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Aspirus serves communities through 4 hospitals in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and 13 hospitals in Wisconsin, 75 clinics, home health and hospice care, pharmacies, critical care and air-medical transport, medical goods, nursing homes, and a broad network of physicians.
Aspirus has been recognized by IBM Watson Health as a Top 15 Health System for four consecutive years in its annual studies identifying the top-performing health systems in the country.
Aspirus Core Values:
- Compassion – Aspirus demonstrates caring in all they do, and cherishes the honor of improving lives.
- Accountability – Aspirus commits to their work, recognizes their power to make a difference, and embraces the responsibility to advocate for each person they serve.
- Collaboration – As a team Aspirus improves their patients’ lives; through partnerships they improve the health of their communities.
- Foresight – Aspirus plans and acts today to impact the future, and sustain and grow vital resources for those who need the.
- Joy – Aspirus works with happiness and enthusiasm; Aspirus celebrates successes and builds a positive environment.
Chief Medical Information Officer Position Overview
As Aspirus continues to grow, the CMIO is the physician executive responsible for ensuring the quality and effectiveness of clinical care information across the system. In coordination with the CIO, the CMIO will be responsible for setting strategic direction for clinical systems and improving physician efficiency through the optimization of the Epic EHR.
Epic’s lab system, Beaker, will be implemented in early 2022, as well as integration of recently acquired facilities. An Epic “refuel” project is slated for 2023. As a business leader, the CMIO will engage with operations and make business cases as optimization continues throughout service lines.
Digital transformation is key to success at Aspirus as the organization moves forward. The CMIO needs to build key relationships; needs to translate the technical into clinical and work effectively across all disciplines, including nursing and analytics.
This CMIO will have the opportunity to build their informatics team in a matrixed organization. The CMIO will also co-chair clinical governance with the VP of Quality to drive the direction of clinical systems. The CMIO needs to understand the business case for project and be able to articulate the ROI to build organizational support.
- MD or DO
- License to practice medicine
- Board Certified in specialty
- Experience as a practicing physician
- Experience implementing and optimizing an EHR
- Informatics board certification in informatics or other education informatics
For more information about the organization, the Chief Medical Information Officer position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Judy Kirby.