This position has been filled.
Carilion Clinic has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their VP/Associate CIO.
Carilion Clinic is a not–for–profit health care organization based in Roanoke, Virginia with a comprehensive network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and other complementary services that work together to provide quality care close to home for nearly 1 million Virginians and West Virginians.
Carilion Clinic has an enduring commitment to the health of its region and also seeks to advance care through medical education and research, help their community stay healthy, and inspire their region to grow stronger.
Carilion Clinic Hospitals:
- Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital (CRMH)
- Carilion Children’s Hospital
- Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital (CRCH)
- Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital (CFMH)
- Carilion Giles Community Hospital (CGCH)
- Carilion New River Valley Medical Center (CNRV)
- Carilion Clinic Saint Albans Hospital
- Carilion Rockbridge Community Hospital (CRBH)
- Carilion Tazewell Community Hospital (CTCH)
Over the next seven years, Carilion Clinic is investing more than $1 billion in the region through expanding and modernizing its buildings. These plans include an almost-500,000 square-foot expansion to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital and the 77,000 square foot Carilion Children’s Tanglewood Center.
Department and VP/Associate CIO Position Overview
The CIO at Carilion is committed to continuous service improvement and evolving IT services to meet the organization’s needs.
To achieve this, the Technology Services Group (TSG) at Carilion is moving away from the typical structure of delivering IT services.
Their structure allows the TSG operations teams to quickly respond to incidents while simultaneously enabling the delivery teams to implement projects and improve solutions.
All clinical areas are on a single instance of Epic implemented in 2007. They are currently 50% complete with the Epic Refuel program to align EHR with Epic foundation.
TSG is led by a forward-thinking senior IT leadership team who remain patient-focused when delivering IT services for the organization. They currently utilize multiple service delivery techniques, methodologies, and frameworks including Scrum, Kanban, ADKAR, TOGAF, ITIL, ITSM, etc.
The VP/Associate CIO will oversee the delivery and operations teams.
The VP/Associate CIO will maintain service and quality excellence while also exploring innovation to use the teams more effectively. This will include:
- Application rationalization
- Life-cycle management
- Business engagement
The VP/Associate CIO will work closely with senior business and clinical leaders across the organization. They will represent technology services at senior management meetings and develop strong relationships with technology and operations.
This position is an excellent opportunity for a strong leader to “think outside the box” and drive technological change across the health system.
- Master’s degree in health care, business or related field required
- 10+ years demonstrating progressively responsible IT leadership experience roles
- Strong technical acumen with prior experience managing both infrastructure and applications
- Experience managing large teams
- Experience with Epic
- Leadership experience in a healthcare setting
Other required skills:
- Skilled in change management and the ability to work in concert with the CIO to continue to reinforce the new IT structure
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey complex IT concepts to customers
- Proven ability to plan and execute initiatives
For more information about the organization, the VP/Associate CIO position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Bryan Kirby.