This position has been filled.
New England Life Care has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Chief Information Officer.
New England Life Care (NELC) is a nationally recognized nonprofit, mission-driven home infusion therapy and specialty pharmacy services provider affiliated with 50+ of New England’s premier medical centers and community hospitals.
NELC is a community-based organization with a charitable focus that serves residents in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, and Vermont.
Chief Information Officer Job Overview
New England Life Care is growing at an annual rate of between 10-20% per year; the Chief Information Officer (CIO) is a new position for the organization. With this growth, the CIO will serve as the strategist and leader for technology playing a key role in transformation and implementation of information systems.
Reporting to the CEO and serving as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the CIO will participate in enterprise strategic planning and, in coordination with senior leaders from all disciplines, direct IT strategic planning in support of New England Life Care’s mission and strategic goals. The CEO says, “to fit our culture, the successful individual has to be smart and personable, confident enough to present and defend their position; they also need to combine being a strategic thinker while being willing to roll up the sleeves and dive in when appropriate.”
In this highly visible position, the CIO will be interacting with leaders from the 50+ hospitals who are part of New England Life Care.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience as a senior IT leader, such as a CIO or second in command within a complex health system
- Experience supporting Data Analytics and Tele-medicine
- Experience setting strategy for a highly responsive, service-oriented IT organization
- Significant experience in developing and executing IT strategic plans
- Demonstrated success with clinical engagement and adoption
- Ability to prioritize organizational needs and deploy IT resources efficiently
- Demonstrated success leading and facilitating change in a growing organization
- Knowledge and exposure to ACO and Population Health programs and principles
- Experience with identifying and leading technological innovation
- Master’s degree
- Epic EMR and ERP implementation and optimization experience
Important note: NELC corporate offices are located in South Portland, ME and Woburn, MA. The CIO will frequently travel throughout the region and has flexibility on where to reside including Boston. Areas to consider include the communities of:
• Portland, ME
• Woburn, MA
• Canton, MA
• Concord, NH
For more information about the organization, the Chief Information Officer position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Judy Kirby.