This position has been filled.
Rothman Orthopaedics has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Chief Information Officer.
Why Rothman Orthopaedics?
Since its founding in 1970, Rothman Orthopaedics remains steadfast in its mission: to provide communities with high quality, compassionate, and affordable musculoskeletal care that is ground in evidence-based medicine. This commitment has allowed us to exceed expectations and simultaneously grow into one of the nation’s largest and most respected orthopaedic practices.
As an organization solely focused on the treatment of both routine and complex musculoskeletal issues, we devote the entirety of our resources to the development of new treatments, the advancement of clinical care, and the pursuit of excellence in education and research.
Each provider performs hundreds of procedures a year within their specialty, implementing the latest treatment interventions and medical advancements backed by clinical research.
A distinguishing feature of Rothman Orthopaedics is our emphasis on specialization in clinical practice and research. Our joint surgeons focus on joints. Spine surgeons on the spine and so on. This ensures our patients receive unparalleled care from a physician who is an expert in their field and who is committed to providing the best outcomes possible.
We train the orthopaedic specialists of tomorrow training over 130 orthopaedic residents and fellows each year.
Our providers conduct satellite simulcasts and webcasts to instruct local orthopaedic surgeons and colleagues from around the world on the latest advances in science and technology.
- The most published Orthopaedic practice each year at the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Our research team works with our world-renowned physicians to study diseases of the bones and cartilage, and pioneer groundbreaking advances in prevention, care, and treatment.
- This research is published widely in medical journals. Our physicians have authored hundreds of book chapters, dozens of textbooks, and have given thousands of presentations to audiences around the world.
Rothman believes in supporting the communities we serve. Strategic partnerships from professional sports to youth teams and charitable organizations are an important part of our company culture. Rothman is proud to be the team physicians for the following, but not limited to:
- Philadelphia Eagles
- Philadelphia Phillies
- Philadelphia 76ers
- The Radio City Rockettes
- The Big East Conference
- Villanova University
- St. Joseph’s University
- Over 60 local high schools and colleges
Chief Information Officer Overview
Rothman has recognized the need for exceptional orthopaedic care in other parts of the country and is now ready to engage a fast-paced plan of national growth.
A key to the success of this aggressive growth plan is the scalability of business processes and systems.
Rothman must match the skills and talents of its information technology leadership to these new strategic requirements of the business.
Rothman is hiring its first corporate CIO in order to build the needed enterprise IT systems to support emerging business operations, systems, applications, and IT staff in a true national model.
This hands-on and technology-focused CIO will be responsible for all aspects of Rothman’s information technology and systems.
This broad, senior level executive reports to the Chief Innovation Officer and oversees a future staff of over 60 IT team members.
The successful individual must possess extensive and broad hands-on IT expertise, preferably in healthcare, along with exceptional interpersonal skills, strong verbal & written communication skills, and the ability to help resolve disagreements and conflicts productively.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or business administration.
- 10 years of experience managing and/or directing day-to-day IT operations.
- 5 years of experience working in the healthcare IT industry.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technologies to solve strategic business problems.
- Proven leadership, mentorship, and management abilities.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- A background of providing technology to physician groups is preferred.
- Exceptional experience in systems architecture at a national scale.
- Strong background in project portfolio management.
- EMR expertise with E-Clinical Works.
- Residency in or relocation to the Philadelphia area is required.
- Rothman has an employee Covid vaccination requirement.
For more information about the organization, the Chief Information Officer position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Steve Bennett.