Geisinger has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for Chief Privacy Officer job candidates.
Geisinger is one of the nation’s largest health service organizations with 13 hospital campuses and two research centers. As an integrated health system, Geisinger is widely recognized for its innovative use of electronic health records and the development of innovative care delivery models.
Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout 45 counties in central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and in southern New Jersey. In all, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive impact on these economies and has received national recognition for its integration, quality, and service.
Chief Privacy Officer Job Overview
The Chief Privacy Officer at Geisinger is an incredible opportunity for an experienced leader seeking a collaborative, financially healthy, and prestigious organization. The Chief Privacy Officer will champion patient and data privacy, continue to build organizational awareness around privacy and consult with internal and external stakeholders. The Privacy Officer is responsible for the organization’s Privacy Program including but not limited to:
- Daily operations of the program
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures
- Monitoring program compliance
- Investigation and tracking of incidents and breaches
- Ensuring patients’ rights in compliance with federal and state laws
Geisinger seeks a proven leader with excellent project management skills. To be successful the Chief Privacy Officer must be a strong communicator with the ability to independently and self-sufficiently identify and navigate various privacy-related issues, with reliable judgment and discretion.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of ten years of privacy legal, healthcare information management and/or compliance experience required, preferably in healthcare or health insurance privacy.
- Strong subject matter expertise and knowledge of all relevant privacy laws, regulations, industry standards, and best practices.
- Relevant knowledge about information security and the inherent interplay between privacy and cybersecurity required.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills as well as problem-solving capabilities to ensure that business plans and strategies do not subject the organization to any legal or regulatory violations and/or undue risk or exposure.
- Knowledge and experience related to information access, release of information, and release control technologies; knowledge in and the ability to apply the principles of privacy, project management, and change management.
- Relevant graduate degree (e.g. Juris Doctor or Master’s degree in a related field)
- Certified in Health Care Information Privacy and Security (CHPS) or equivalent credential such as RHIA
For more information about Geisinger, the Chief Privacy Officer job, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Bryan Kirby.