This position has been filled.
Chief Information Officer
Southern Illinois HealthcareCarbondale, IL
Southern Illinois Healthcare has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Vice President/CIO.
The people of Southern Illinois Healthcare (SIH), a not-for-profit health care system, are dedicated to promoting the health and well-being of all of the people in the seven county primary service area they serve. SIH is comprised of over 30 facilities, including three inpatient hospitals, three clinics, numerous physician offices, three walk-in clinics and dedicated centers that include neurology, cancer, heart, sleep, and rehabilitation.
SIH is also affiliated with SIU School of Medicine, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, and Prairie Heart Institute.
SIH is a member of the BJC Collaborative, a partnership among health care systems throughout Illinois, Missouri, and Eastern Kansas.
Memorial Hospital of Carbondale is the flagship hospital for SIH and regional referral center for the 16 county southern Illinois region with practicing physicians in over 45 different specialties:
- 154-bed tertiary care hospital
- Southern Illinois’ largest and most spacious birthing center with Level II Plus Special Care Nursery
- Only dedicated pediatric unit in the region
- The core hospital for SIH’s comprehensive, regional heart program, Prairie Heart Institute.
- High level surgical capabilities including daVinci technology
- Affiliated with SIU School of Medicine through its Family Practice Residency Program
- Neuroscience program including neurosurgery and a designated Primary Stroke Center
- Accredited by the Commission on Cancer for comprehensive cancer treatment
Vice President/CIO Position Overview
The Southern Illinois Healthcare Vice President/CIO will direct this 3-hospital system’s information technology department to continue working towards the industry’s best IT practices.
The CIO will direct the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and business development.
This key system leader will oversee a staff of 125 IT team members, report to the CEO, and is a member of the Executive Team.
Initial projects include:
- Transition a recently acquired hospital to SIH systems
- Develop plans to continue optimizing applications and technology
- Further the growth of telemedicine
- With the CHIO, continue to move informatics programs forward
- Continue consolidating business and clinical system throughout the enterprise
SIH utilizes Epic as its EHR.
- Bachelor degree
- Eight+ years of progressive supervisory experience
- Seven+ years of healthcare Information Technology management experience
- A proven background in community and rural healthcare management
- Master’s Degree
- Epic experience
- Lean experience
- Residency in or relocation to the Carbondale, Illinois area is required
- Covid vaccination is required for employment
For more information about the organization, the Vice President/CIO position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Steve Bennett.