This position has been filled.
Moffitt Cancer Center has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Director, Digital Innovation – Operational Transformation.
Moffitt Cancer Center is a Top 10 cancer hospital dedicated to one lifesaving mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.
Moffitt, the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, employs more than 7,000 team members. It is recognized for scientific excellence, multidisciplinary research, and robust training and education. Moffitt’s staff includes some of the world’s best oncology physicians, surgeons, researchers, nurses, and healthcare professionals.
The Moffitt Medical Group (MMG) is Florida’s largest multidisciplinary medical group practice that is dedicated to cancer care. The MMG, based at Moffitt Cancer Center, also provides services at other hospitals and clinics throughout the state of Florida and beyond.
Moffitt Cancer Center has partnered with Advent Health to open a new 28,000 square-foot facility located in the Healing Plaza on the campus of AdventHealth Wesley Chapel in Pasco County, Florida.
Additionally, Moffitt Cancer Center and AdventHealth launched their first collaborative cancer clinical trial in Central Florida as the first part of a broad partnership between the organizations to expand cancer treatment and research in Central Florida.
Director, Digital Innovation – Operational Transformation Job Overview
Fixing healthcare is hard. Curing cancer is harder. At Moffitt Cancer Center, we think and act differently, matching the courage of our patients with the courage to boldly innovate. We are forging a digital future to bring change to how we tackle this difficult disease.
Moffitt has become one of the world’s first cancer centers with a dedicated machine learning department, which will accelerate cancer research by translating powerful tools from the computer to the bedside.
For the second year in a row, Moffitt has been named one of the 100 Most Wired hospitals and health systems in the country. And for multiple years running, Moffitt has earned its place on Computerworld magazine’s list of 100 Best Places to Work in Information Technology.
Our employees are among the top-skilled IT experts in the Tampa Bay Area and partner with world- class physicians, scientists, and researchers to develop innovative technologies that support pioneering advances and lifesaving patient care.
Moffitt’s Center for Digital Health is building out a Digital Innovation Practice which will include an innovation studio focused on leveraging new digital capabilities to eliminate operational inefficiencies and enhance consumer experiences throughout the enterprise. The studio is being built from the ground up with a startup-like approach, employing an agile methodology and embracing a “consumer first” mentality to design, deploy, and manage cutting-edge technology.
The skills and experience required for success in this role are strong execution with crossfunctional team collaboration, digital innovation, exceptional communication, a working knowledge of healthcare operations transformation, and the ability to lead teams and launch products.
Knowledge of digital product delivery combined with communication skills and analytical abilities will shape how operational efficiencies are generated across functional areas such as revenue cycle, human capital, call center, supply chain, and patient access among others. This role requires both strong strategic acumen and the ability to “roll-up your sleeves” to operationalize the strategy and execute on the vision.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, informatics, technology management, business management, or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years of experience in management consulting, product management, product delivery, and/or product development environments
- Minimum 5 years supervising direct reports, managing teams, leading teams, and working with partners at executive levels
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leadership of system-wide process improvement or performance improvement efforts, process automation, digital operations, and/or applied innovation
- Significant health care experience (either consulting, digital health vendor, or health system) and working knowledge of digital health and health care operations in revenue cycle, clinical transformation, process improvement, or related areas
- Experience building and leading product teams (product managers, product owners etc.), working with cross-functional partners, and effectively managing external vendor relationships and activities (including running RFIs/ RFPs, marketscans, contracting, etc
- Collaborative skills working with leaders as part of a matrixed team, partnering with information services, business functions, and clinical service lines to launch projects
- Experience with technology change management in complex environments
- Ability to identify complex, tedious, expensive, and error-prone processes
- Knowledge of how to employ agile methodologies in the design and development of projects related to improving operational efficiency
- Deep understanding of digital trends focused on business processes and systems, operations management, and automation technologies
- Exceptional communication (written and oral) skills and ability to articulate vision and strategic plans to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with successful execution and bias towards action, even in areas of uncertainty
Preferred Experience / Qualifications:
- MBA or Master’s degree in a related field
- Certified Change Management Professional or equivalent
For more information about the organization, the Director, Digital Innovation – Operational Transformation position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Bryan Kirby