Springfield Clinic has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Director Data Science & Analytics.
Springfield Clinic is a progressive physician-led health system with 450 physicians and advanced practitioners that serve a population of approximately one million patients throughout the central Illinois region in eighty medical specialties and sub-specialties.
Springfield Clinic is known for delivering state-of-the-art therapies for conditions that would traditionally require treatment in larger, more metropolitan medical centers.
Director Data Science & Analytics Job Overview
With buy-in from leaders across the organization, Springfield Clinic has created the new Director of Data Science and Analytics position to push the boundaries of what is possible with analytics in outpatient healthcare. Their visionary CEO is building a team of leaders who are driven by innovation and leading-edge possibilities. The VP & CIO Jack O’Hara has already made a mark nationally by turning around IT operations and driving advanced initiatives, including developing a revenue-generating telemedicine solution in-house. The Director of Data Science and Analytics will also have opportunity to collaborate with the Director of Research to support physician research leading to publication.
The Director of Data Science and Analytics is responsible for leading the creation and development of data science and advanced analytics at Springfield Clinic–including ensuring continuity and seamless extension of existing programs and collaborating with the CIO in the development of a short- and long-term vision and roadmap.
The Director of Data Science and Analytics will play a key role in internal and external data science and AI products along with advisory services. This leader will be responsible for a team of data scientists, data engineers and ETL developers who are involved in researching, designing, developing and implementing machine learning algorithms, data architecture design and overall data analytics at Springfield Clinic.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent IT field
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the data domain within a healthcare related field
- Experience with data science, analytics, AI, engineering and/or architecture teams in managing projects/products that utilize big data, advanced analytics and machine learning technologies
- Understanding of data and information architecture, including experience with Big Data, relational databases, streaming and batch data processing
- Technical knowledge in scripting languages, data warehouse solutions, workflow management, UI/UX/data visualization solutions, distributed logging systems, data science workbenches, data exploration tools, containerization, and API based architecture
- Expertise in software development tools including GitHub, Maven, and Jenkins
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Jocelyn Clarke.