Atrium Health has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Director, Enterprise Architecture.
Atrium Health is one of the nation’s leading healthcare organizations and the region’s largest primary network. Formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, Atrium Health began as Charlotte Memorial Hospital in 1940 and has grown its network to include more than 40 hospitals and 900 care locations, ranging from doctors’ offices to behavioral health centers to nursing homes.
Atrium Health focuses on delivering the highest quality patient care, supporting medical research and education, and joining with outside partners to keep its community healthy.
Director, Enterprise Architecture Job Overview
The Director, Enterprise Architecture, provides leadership and direction on technology strategy plans for Atrium Health’s technology environment, including the technical architecture, acquisitions, designs, and deployment of complex, integrated and standardized IS solutions to satisfy clinical and business functional requirements.
The CIO, who has been in place since August, is very supportive of this position and the CTO is accountable to make sure the position is both strategic and enterprise wide. The EA will be building out the standard enterprise architecture as well as looking at the next generation of enterprise architecture and bringing that to maturity.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years as IS Executive experience managing operations services, teams & vendors
- 8+ years of experience in IT Service Management and Service Operations
- Proven record of ITIL process implementation and continuous improvement
- Strong technical knowledge of key platform technologies and infrastructure
- Leading an EA program in an organization of similar scope and scale
Preferred and highly desired:
- Master’s Degree
- ITIL Expert Certification
- Experience in quality and performance management
- Familiarity with healthcare industry drivers such as Affordable Care Act, Population Health, and Meaningful Use Stages
- Epic experience
- Familiarity with EA structures (such as COBIT, for example)
- Healthcare background
For more information about the organization, the Director, Enterprise Architecture position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Steve Bennett.