This position has been filled.
Vidant Health has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Director, Enterprise Data & Analytics.
Vidant Health is a mission-driven health care system that serves more than 1.4 million people across 29 counties in Eastern North Carolina. As one of the most progressive not-for-profit health care systems, Vidant Health’s system of care includes the following:
- Vidant Medical Center – a level I trauma center and the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine
- Eight community hospitals
- Vidant Medical Group – primary care and specialty services
- Vidant Home Health & Hospice
- Vidant Wellness centers
- Vidant Health Foundation
Director, Enterprise Data & Analytics Job Overview
The Director, Enterprise Data and Analytics develops the vision, strategy and provides operational leadership for Vidant Health’s data and analytics program.
As a highly visible and impactful role reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Director fosters collaborative partnerships with technology, clinical and business teams across the organization to understand and deliver on the broad information needs necessary to support Vidant’s strategic objectives and operational imperatives.
Through routine, direct engagement with senior clinical and administrative leadership, the Director’s team supports the development of actionable insights and provides a critical linkage between the strategies of both analytics and the organization to achieve breakthrough performance for all Vidant Health stakeholders.
The Director develops and drives the roadmap for the data and analytics program with the overarching goal to transform and modernize Vidant’s analytics strategy, and to provide solutions that empower stakeholders to quickly answer questions and gain insights. The roadmap will include plans for reporting and visualizations as well as the appropriate underlying data architecture, governance, analytics, and technologies.
The Director is accountable for leading the continuous development of advanced analytics capabilities, service delivery, and uncovering drivers of business and clinical operations and performance. The Director strives to identify opportunities to eliminate duplication of effort and streamline the way our stakeholders consume data and information in a way that establishes a new framework of data governance standards for the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ year’s experience in an analytics leadership/management role
- Strong passion for a data driven culture; embraces a federated model for enterprise analytics
- 3+ years of healthcare experience
- Solid technology leadership skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Familiarity with data governance and security/privacy compliance including clinical research
- Experience with data access tools such as: SQL, SAS, R, or Python
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau
- Master’s degree
For more information about the organization, the Director, Enterprise Data & Analytics position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
The Director may elect to live in surrounding areas, including Raleigh, but will be on-site part of the time.
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Bryan Kirby