Carilion Clinic has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Director, Technology Services Group.
Carilion Clinic, headquartered in Roanoke, Virginia, includes a comprehensive network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and other complementary services that work together to provide quality care close to home for nearly one million Virginians and West Virginians
Over the next seven years, Carilion Clinic is investing more than $1 billion in the region through expanding and modernizing its buildings. These plans include an almost-500,000 square foot expansion to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital.
Facts and Figures*
- $2.23B total operating revenue
- $103.5M total community benefit
- 2,100+ patient visits with community health workers
- 4,500+ positions filled in 2022
- 120+ active clinical trials
- 60+ active grants
- $10M+ research funding
- 755K virtual patient encounters
- 49% of patient interactions were virtual
* Figures based on Carilion Clinic 2022 Annual Report.
Director, Technology Services Group Position Overview
Carilion Clinic is committed to continuous service improvement and evolving IT services to meet the organization’s needs.
The Director, Technology Services Group position is an excellent opportunity for a strong leader to:
- “Think outside the box” and drive technological change across the health system
- Join a forward-thinking IT team
The Director, TSG will direct the implementation and maintenance of the overall IT platform/infrastructure and will oversee multiple areas within information technology, such as:
- Computer hardware
- Server software
- Computer support
- Database analysis
- Data security
This individual will ensure the stability, integrity, and operation of all systems, and oversee the monitoring, maintenance, supporting, and optimizing of all network software, hardware, and operating systems.
In collaboration with the Information Security team, the Director, TSG will:
- Oversee security solutions including firewalls, anti-virus, intrusion protection systems, disaster recovery, and back-up procedures
- Lead the development of policies and procedures for computer systems operations and development
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years in a combination of clinical/financial leadership, consulting or clinical/financial vendor systems experiences
- Master’s degree
Working knowledge of hospitals and healthcare industry
The Work Environment:
This position is hybrid, but successful candidates will reside or relocate within the region the system serves. The individual will be required to be on-site up to five days a week, potentially non-consecutive.
For more information about the organization, the Director, Technology Services Group position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Steve Bennett.