Director of Reporting and Analytics
Michigan MedicineAnn Arbor, MI
Michigan Medicine has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Director of Reporting and Analytics.
Michigan Medicine is the fully integrated academic medical center of the University of Michigan (U-M) and one of the nation’s largest clinical, research, and medical education enterprises within the nation’s top public university.
U-M Health is ranked as the #1 hospital in Michigan by U.S. News & World Report.
Facts and Figures:
- 1,107 licensed beds
- 111,247 emergency/urgent care visits
- 2.64M outpatient clinic visits
- 56,260 surgeries
- 5,322 deliveries
- 24,761 employees
- 2.6M patient clinic visits
- 1,086 survival flight visits
- 100+ residency and fellowship programs
- 2,495 active clinical trials
- $5.6M patient care revenue
- $529,560 U-M Health operating revenue
Director of Reporting and Analytics Position Overview
The Director of Reporting and Analytics will play a key role in Michigan Medicine’s transition to the future. The ideal candidate will have an opportunity to drive transformation by building, mentoring, and leading a team that will optimize the vision and strategic objectives of the Enterprise Data and Information Services (EDIS) department.
This position reports to the Senior Director of the EDIS. The Director of Reporting and Analytics leads the Manager of Departmental Information Delivery and the Manager of Enterprise Information Delivery, with a total team of 23.
The Director of Reporting and Analytics develops, supports, and manages a wide portfolio of Michigan Medicine’s Reporting, Analytics and Business Intelligence applications. The Director will be responsible for aligning the work of the EDIS teams to the objectives and processes established by the Data Governance initiative and collaborate closely with other key internal partners.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the operation and management of Healthcare Analytics
- Strong background in visualization principles, methodologies, and statistical analysis
- An understanding of data science programming language such as Python
- Experience with predictive analytics, AI, and evaluating models in healthcare
- Demonstrated ability to coach, collaborate and effectively communicate with others
- Conceptual and actionable understanding of the present and future of the data and analytics industry
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Master’s degree
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Experience with LEAN or Six Sigma process improvement techniques, or equivalent quality management system
- Previous Epic certification
- Epic Cogito experience
- Previous experience with Tableau or PowerBI
- Working knowledge of cloud
- Experience migrating to Microsoft BI
- Flexible work arrangements can be discussed
- Previous exposure to research analytics would have high value
- Top candidates should have a strong curiosity and passion for healthcare analytics
- Top candidates can be the front-end voice for the department and build strong customer relationships
- Ability to sell ideas, manage and rally the team in a decentralized environment; ability to say no when needed
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website.
For more information about the organization, the Director of Reporting and Analytics position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Jaclyn Gates.