This position has been filled.
Manager, Enterprise Imaging Systems (and Ancillary Support)
Moffitt Cancer CenterTampa, FL
Moffitt Cancer Centerhas retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Manager, Enterprise Imaging Systems (and Ancillary Support).
“Fixing healthcare is hard. Curing cancer is harder. At Moffitt Cancer Center, we think and act differently, matching the courage of our patients with the courage to boldly innovate.
We are inspired to wake up every day, solve big problems, take on the biggest challenges, and push the frontier further in cancer research and treatment. We are forging a digital future to bring change to how we tackle this difficult disease.
Moffitt has become one of the world’s first cancer centers with a dedicated machine learning department, which will accelerate cancer research by translating powerful tools from the computer to the bedside.
For the second year in a row, Moffitt has been named one of the 100 Most Wired hospitals and health systems in the country.
And for multiple years running, Moffitt has earned its place on Computerworld magazine’s list of 100 Best Places to Work in Information Technology. Our employees are among the top-skilled IT experts in the Tampa Bay Area and partner with world-class physicians, scientists, and researchers to develop innovative technologies that support pioneering advances and lifesaving patient care.
We won’t stop working to give everyone the options they need to #BeCourageous in the face of cancer.”
Manager, Enterprise Imaging Systems (and Ancillary Support) Position Overview
Moffitt Cancer Center is in the midst of an organization- wide strategic transformation journey called “Impact 2028” driving advancements in three main focus areas: personalized care continuum, digital care & discovery accelerator, and market expansion.
Led by a visionary new CEO, Dr. Patrick Hwu from MD Anderson Cancer Center, Moffitt is making significant investments into achieving this ambitious journey.
The Chief Digital Innovation Officer, Dr. Edmondo Robinson, is building a team of innovators who will design and implement new digital technology solutions in the areas of business operations, clinical care, research, and consumerism that further drive success of the organization.
The Chief Information Officer has added 90 new positions to the IT team along with several Directors who are maturing governance, scientific computing, enterprise architecture, and other capabilities.
The Enterprise Imaging Systems team, as part of the Clinical Systems Support under the directorship of Diana Sharkey, currently supports laboratory services, imaging services and radiation oncology, as well as cardio and cardiopulmonary, employee health EMR, and endoscopy, and will be growing with the addition of new hospitals and satellite clinics.
Moffitt Cancer Center seeks a Manager, Enterprise Imaging Systems (and Ancillary Support) with an enterprise imaging/radiation oncology background with project management experience. To be successful, the Manager needs to thrive in a fast-paced high-volume environment and exhibit flexibility and versatility.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience implementing and managing Enterprise Imaging systems or Radiation Oncology Systems
- 3+ years of leadership experience as a supervisor, team lead, manager or above
- ITIL certification, Agile methodology experience
- Project management and/or experience with new construction projects
- Transition/change management experience
- 5+ years of healthcare IT leadership
- Experience planning, implementing, and managing PACS and associated systems (transcription, 3D reconstruction, analytics) in multi-hospital and multi-site health systems
- Experience managing imaging infrastructure to include teleradiology; telepathology a plus
- Knowledge of radiology and radiation oncology department workflow
- Experience with Cerner Millennium a plus; knowledge of RIS systems to include ordering, resulting, and charging
- Understanding of system integration and standards (es: HL7, DICOM, etc.)
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements related to imaging and imaging systems
- Team building and team development experience
For more information about the organization, the Manager, Enterprise Imaging Systems (and Ancillary Support) position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Margaret Cowan.