Oregon Health and Science University has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Director, Acute Informatics.
Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU) is a system of hospitals and clinics across Oregon and southwest Washington. OHSU is an institution of higher learning, with schools of medicine, nursing, pharmacy, dentistry, and public health.
As Oregon’s only public academic health center, OHSU:
- Cares for patients.
- Educates doctors, nurses, dentists, pharmacists and other health care professionals.
- Conducts extensive research, including clinical trials to test new ways to prevent, detect and treat illness.
OHSU is also Portland’s largest employer and a statewide economic powerhouse. OHSU operations include multiple campuses, adult and children’s hospitals, and clinics across Oregon. Their state-of-the-art research facilities, includes the 320,000-square-foot Knight Cancer Research Building.
OHSU health care facilities:
- OHSU Hospital
- OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- Hillsboro Medical Center (formerly Tuality Healthcare) and Adventist Health Portland
- Clinics across Oregon
The OHSU Marquam Hill Campus in Portland includes 37 major buildings, including OHSU Hospital, Kohler Pavilion and Doernbecher Children’s Hospital. The campus is connected to the South Waterfront by the Portland Aerial Tram, which is owned by the city of Portland and operated by OHSU.
OHSU owns and leases space beyond its campuses. Altogether, OHSU occupies more than 8.7 million square feet on about 400 acres.
Director, Acute Informatics Position Overview
The Director, Acute Informatics will join a renowned, mission-oriented academic medical center focused on providing exceptional patient care and conducting ground-breaking research.
The Director, Acute Informatics will have a solid line reporting to the Chief Health Information Officer and a dotted line to the Chief Nurse Executive OHSU. They will have a team of two managers and approximately 22 staff.
The Director’s scope of accountability is the OHSU Health System and all its affiliations and supports the entire inter-professional team at OHSU Health System.
The mission of the OHSU Clinical Informatics Department (CID) is to realize the full benefits of clinical information systems including Epic and other clinical technology solutions. The department will apply the science of informatics to enable excellence in patient care services, to educate learners, and to advance the methods of applied informatics.
The Director, Acute Informatics provides design, analysis, sponsorship, and recommendations for the implementation and maintenance of clinical information systems (CIS) and their associated clinical and business processes.
The Director, Acute Informatics also provides direction and strategy for a patient-centered, Integrated Health Record.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or Clinical Informatics required
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Informatics or Master’s Degree in Nursing with Certificate in Clinical Informatics preferred
- 5 years of Clinical Care experience
- 2 years of Clinical Informatics Management experience
- 5 years of Healthcare Management experience (including Clinical Informatics Management experience)
- Electronic Medical Records Mastery
- Oregon RN License, active or within 90 days of hire
- Active Epic certification preferred
This is a remote position with periodic on-site visits as needed for major go-lives.
For more information about the organization, the Director, Acute Informatics position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Margaret Cowan.