The MENTOR Network has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Senior Director, Clinical Applications.
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of residential and community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges, as well as their families; and to
elders in need of support.
The MENTOR Network’s core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how they interact with each other and how they approach their work. They strive to support their ~32,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 37 states. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships is vital to the work they do.
Senior Director, Clinical Applications Job Overview
The MENTOR Network Senior Director, Clinical Applications, will collaborate with senior leaders, directors and stakeholders to guide the development, implementation, and sustainment of clinical and non-clinical applications and programs across MENTOR’s operating groups.
The MENTOR Network provides a number of clinical programs to residential and nonresidential individuals and families. These programs include residential programs for individuals with complex medical needs, early intervention programs for children diagnosed with autism, and behavioral therapies for individuals with traumatic or other brain injuries.
They are looking for an individual that understands the benefits of information technology for clinicians and caregivers that improve the lives of these individuals. This highly-visible position directs and manages the strategic planning, development, implementation, administration and maintenance of a portfolio of software systems and solutions, both custom developed and commercial off-the-shelf, that help deliver on the MENTOR’s strategic mission and plans.
The MENTOR Network is in a growth mode and this person will address the need to develop and grow enabling systems and innovative technology to support this growth. Additionally, a successful candidate will work closely with MENTOR’s strategic planning organization and the chief clinical officer to expand offerings and focus on future clinical partnerships, while reinventing the structures and processes of how reimbursement occurs as a recognized influencer of clinical outcomes and social determinants of health in served populations.
Reporting to the enterprise CIO, this Senior Director sets organizational vision and strategy, and determines how technology can best serve the clinical needs of the operating groups.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university required. Masters degree desired.
- Related clinical experience in home health, long-term care, and related services. Experience with the populations MENTOR services is a plus.
- Management experience in complex environments that include both custom-developed and commercial-off-the-shelf solutions in support of multiple operating groups and functions.
- Ability to articulate a strategy and implementation approach in a manner that aligns executives across the organization especially as it relates to governing, aggregating, and maintaining clinical applications.
- A key understanding of interfaces and getting the most data out of engines are highly desirable.
- Candidates who are highly motivated and have “for-profit” healthcare and value-based care experience are highly desired.
- A background of extensive healthcare applications management with physician groups, behavior health, and extended care services is highly desired.
- A high comfort level bringing technology to clinicians will also make the final candidate successful.
- This position can be remote, though occasional travel will be required to The MENTOR Network’s Boston-area headquarters.
Kirby Partners exclusively represents this opportunity. Interviews will be virtual.
If you have questions please email Steve Bennett.