Executive Director, IT Ancillary Applications
University of Miami Health SystemMiami, FL
The University of Miami Health System (UHealth) has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Executive Director, IT Ancillary Applications.
UHealth is South Florida’s only university-based medical system. UHealth delivers leading-edge patient care by the region’s best doctors, powered by the groundbreaking research of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine, the number one National Institutes of Health (NIH) funded institution in Florida.
UHealth is home to the number one eye hospital in the United States, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, the only NCI-designated cancer center in South Florida, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, and a pioneering minimally invasive cardiac surgery program.
UHealth physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. They are highly trained specialists focused on providing state-of-the-art medical care. From diagnosis to treatment and follow-up, physicians work in teams to deliver care that is tailored to each patient.
UHealth’s comprehensive network also includes more than 30 outpatient sites in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, and Collier counties, including The Lennar Foundation Medical Center.
Executive Director, IT Ancillary Applications Position Overview
UHealth is “transitioning to the future” and the Executive Director, IT Ancillary Applications will play a key role in driving transformation. Specifically, the Executive Director will build, mentor and lead a team that will optimize clinical systems while providing outstanding customer service.
The Executive Director will be responsible for implementation, development, support and management of UHealth’s ancillary clinical applications, including but not limited to:
- Cardiovascular Information Systems
- Lab Information Systems
- Other departmental clinical applications
This position reports to the Chief Health Applications Officer and oversees a team of around 20. The Executive Director will collaborate closely with other directors and managers.
The ideal candidate has familiarity with a variety of healthcare industry concepts, practices and procedures. They will rely on their extensive experience to drive results while working with a wide degree of creativity and latitude. The ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders, and move project governance to the next level will play key roles in the Executive Director’s success.
Upcoming projects include:
- Transitioning to Cupid
- Transitioning to Beaker
- Extensive ambulatory application work
- Enhancing patient experience via a digital front door
Additionally, two new multi-specialty ambulatory sites will open in the next two years; the team will support these projects.
UHealth’s IT team is an Epic shop and includes about 400 team members.
- Bachelor’s degree required in healthcare, IT or a related field
- At least 10 years of progressive management experience in healthcare application software implementation and support
- At least 10 years experience in planning, budgeting, equipment acquisition, and project management
- Experience in support or management of PACS, CVIS and/or Lab information systems required
- Solid understanding of clinical workflow in both inpatient and outpatient settings
- Excellent quantitative, analytical communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a complex environment with the skills to manage multiple projects and deadlines, establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve stated goals
- Technical understanding of network infrastructure systems, including both hardware and software
- Epic experience
- Master’s degree preferred in IT or medical related field
- Experience working in an academic medical center setting
- Strong financial acumen
- Excellent leadership skills, especially in team building
- Outstanding customer service philosophies
The Work Environment:
- This position can be onsite or hybrid for the right candidate
For more information about the organization, the Executive Director, IT Ancillary Applications position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Margaret Cowan.