This position has been filled.
Froedtert Health has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Vice President – Chief Data & Analytics Officer.
Froedtert Health, headquartered in Milwaukee, is a regional, integrated health care organization providing a comprehensive range of health-related services, including hospitals and health centers, home care, laboratory, health insurance, employer health services, and workplace clinics, and digital health solutions.
Under the Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin brand, Froedtert Health partners with the Medical College of Wisconsin, eastern Wisconsin’s only adult academic medical center, to provide consumers a choice that is unique in the region: an interconnected academic health network where care is provided system-wide with an academic medicine approach.
The mission of the Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin health network is to advance the health of the communities it serves through exceptional care enhanced by innovation and discovery. The health network operates eastern Wisconsin’s only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma Center at Froedtert Hospital, Milwaukee, an internationally recognized training and research center engaged in thousands of clinical trials and studies.
Reflecting steadily increasing demand for care, the health network has grown from 11 to nearly 40 clinical sites over the past decade and the workforce has expanded by 75% to nearly 13,000 full-time staff.
The Froedtert & MCW health network, which includes eight hospitals, nearly 2,500 physicians, and more than 45 health centers and clinics, draws patients from throughout the Midwest and the nation. It is one of the largest health systems in Wisconsin. In its most recent fiscal year, outpatient visits were nearly 1.2 million, inpatient admissions to its three hospitals were 52,807 and visits to its network physicians totaled 947,136.
Vice President – Chief Data & Analytics Officer
This position is a phenomenal opportunity to join Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin as the VP Chief Data & Analytics Officer (CDAO) leading data and analytics strategy and operations.
The VP Chief Data & Analytics Officer leads the integration of data and analytics efforts for the enterprise health network and affiliates and is a business strategist who understands the flow of information, its context, and how it links across the enterprise to derive value within and for the business.
He/She will be responsible for enterprise data and analytics processes and engineering, decision making, and governance.
Significant progress has been made advancing data and analytics including:
- Setting a strategic direction
- Maturing data governance
- Forming a Center of Excellence
The CDAO will work to further advance data literacy and self-service capabilities to enable leaders across Froedtert Health and MCW to make data driven decisions to advance strategic initiatives and improve patient care
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in informatics, business or health administration, analytics, engineering, quality, computer science, statistics, social science
- 15+ years of experience in analytics leadership or comparable experience
- 10+ years of healthcare provider organization leadership experience, academic experience preferred
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts
- Experience in integrating complex, cross corporate processes and information strategies, and/or designing strategic metrics and scorecards
- Experience leading large scale transformation and improvement initiatives
- Strategy and management consulting experience desirable
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Advanced business acumen and politically savvy skills working across business lines at senior levels to influence and effect change to achieve common goals
- Ability to effectively drive business, culture and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment
- Information strategy skills including strategic technology planning and execution, policy development and maintenance
- Ability to develop a framework for information and analytics governance as well as the ability to sell it and embed it within all levels of the organization
- Proven data literacy including the ability to describe business use cases, data sources and management concepts and analytics approaches
- Performance improvement, quality and change management skills in a healthcare setting
- Advanced analytics skills with outstanding problem solving abilities using analytics methods
- Proven record of effective leadership including the ability to balance team and individual responsibilities; building teams and consensus and getting things done through others not directly under his/her supervision
- All senior leaders are expected to have strong skills in interpersonal interaction, public speaking, knowledge of budgets and healthcare finance, and high integrity, good judgment, attention to detail and teamwork
Kirby Partners exclusively represents this opportunity. Interviews will be virtual.
If you have questions please email Bryan Kirby.