This position has been filled.
Vice President, Information Systems – Managed Care
Samaritan Health ServicesCorvallis, OR
Samaritan Health Services has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Vice President, Information Systems – Managed Care.
Samaritan Health Services is a not-for-profit regional network with five hospitals, including a Level 2 trauma center in Corvallis, clinics, and health services caring for 290,000 residents in the mid-Willamette Valley and central Oregon Coast.
- Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
- Samaritan Albany General Hospital
- Samaritan North Lincoln Hospital
- Samaritan Pacific Community Hospital
- Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital
Samaritan works together to provide innovative medicine and world-class quality in a way that supports the values of the communities they serve. That includes caring for all people, regardless of their ability to pay.
Samaritan Health Plans:
Samaritan Health Plans (SHP) is passionate about transforming the Oregon healthcare delivery system by providing health insurance that works to improve the customer experience while lowering costs and improving the health and well-being of our members and their communities.
Samaritan Health Plans employs 300 people in its Corvallis, Oregon offices, and operates across Oregon.
SHP has a portfolio of health plan products under several different legal structures: InterCommunity Health Plans, Inc. (IHN) is designated as a regional Coordinated Care Organization (CCO) for Medicaid beneficiaries; Samaritan Health Plans, Inc. offers Medicare Advantage, Commercial Large Group, and Commercial Large Group PPO and EPO plans; SHP is also the third-party administrator for Samaritan Health Services’ self-funded employee health benefit plan.
As part of an Integrated Delivery System, Samaritan Health Plans is strategically and operationally aligned with Samaritan Health Services’ mission.
Vice President, Information Systems – Managed Care Position Overview
The Vice President, Information Systems – Managed Care is a new, highly strategic position focused on Samaritan Health Plan.
The VP’s primary focus will be aligning health plan strategy and technology solutions.
This position plans, directs and coordinates SHS Health Plans Information Services. This includes setting strategic direction and management of Data and Configuration, Production Support, Application Development and Data Warehouse.
A Cognizant Facets upgrade is on the horizon.
The VP reports to CIO of Samaritan Health Services with a dotted line to the CEO of Samaritan Health Plan. They will oversee a team of 32 (including 4 managers).
Samaritan Health Plans seeks a leader to drive change.
This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced leader to inform strategy for an organization with a strong market share, build synergies between Samaritan Health Services and Samaritan Health Plans, and create a more data-driven culture.
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in an Information Systems related field)
- An advanced degree in Information Systems, Business, Planning or a related field preferred
- Ten or more years professional and/or leadership experience in an IT related field
- Seven or more years experience in the management of personnel, business, technology, and communications functions required
- Project management and continuous process improvement experience required
- Experience in multiple technology disciplines required
- Cognizant Payor tools (Facets and Care Advance Utilization Management Module) experience highly preferred
For more information about the organization, the Vice President, Information Systems – Managed Care position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Bryan Kirby