Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC) has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their ANMC – Acute/Specialty Clinic CMIO.
ANTHC, located in Anchorage, Alaska, is a nonprofit tribal health organization designed to meet the unique health needs of Alaska Native and American Indian people living in Alaska.
Their work includes comprehensive medical services at Alaska Native Medical Center (ANMC), wellness programs, disease research and prevention, rural provider training, and rural water and sanitation systems construction.
They are the largest, most comprehensive tribal health organization in the United States, and Alaska’s second-largest health employer.
Facts and Figures
Chief Medical Informatics Officer Position Overview
Reporting to the CMO, the ANMC – Acute/Specialty Clinic CMIO directs the selection, development and implementation of computerized patient record systems, maintaining a focus on quality, safety, usability, and process improvement, ensuring that clinicians are fully engaged in the entire process.
As those systems come online, the ANMC – Acute/Specialty Clinic CMIO manages content development and maintenance and leverages the technology to improve patient care.
The ANMC – Acute/Specialty Clinic CMIO will be part of the leadership team and a partner for defining the IT vision.
This position is a physician dyad to the CIO and will work in a triad model with the statewide CMIO focusing on NonANMC Tribal Health Organization EHR needs. The ANMC – Acute/Specialty Clinic CMIO position focuses on ANMC needs (non primary care); it rolls up to the ANMC leadership team.
The ANMC – Acute/Specialty Clinic CMIO is the translator between onsite and offsite medical staff and a strategist to work alongside other HIT leaders.
- Disentangle shared decision-making within the EHR
- Optimization of order catalog to improve usability
- Standardization of Pharmacy Formulary
- Improvement of Revenue Cycle processes
- Initiative to move to telehealth for all first visits
- Practicing physician able to obtain a valid, unrestricted Alaska Medical License
- Experience with either Cerner or Epic EHR
- A focus on culture and mission with an altruistic, mission-driven philosophy
- Able to develop strong relationships with providers and corporate leaders including strong communications with both
- Relocation to Anchorage
- Board eligible/certified in clinical informatics
- 5 yrs + clinical work leading implementation or change in EHR, including participation in selection of clinical informatics platform(s)
- 5 yrs + supervisory experience in a clinical informatics setting
- Significant participation in the selection, implementation, and ongoing use of clinical informatics systems in a large healthcare organization
- Physician builder/architect in either Epic or Cerner
About Anchorage, Alaska
Iconic Wilderness Adventures
Anchorage offers numerous opportunities to spend time outdoors through every season. The city is located in a valley, surrounded by six mountain ranges, wilderness trails, glaciers, and an urban salmon stream. The northern lights can be seen mid-August through April.
Urban + Nature
Anchorage offers a unique mix of urban city life with the wild outdoors. Alaska’s largest city has the state’s largest concentration of artists and musicians.
No State Taxes
Alaska has the lowest tax rate in the country; there is no sales tax and the state is only one of nine states with no income tax.
Procedure for Candidacy
Final candidates should expect two interviews with Kirby Partners recruiters (including a video conference interview). You may be asked to complete our “Executive Profile” and submit references to be considered for presentation to the search committee.