ECU Health has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Vice President, Technical Services/Chief Technology Officer.
ECU Health is a mission-driven health care system in eastern North Carolina that reaches more than 1.4 million people across 29 counties. ECU Health’s system of care includes an academic medical center with two campuses, affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, seven community hospitals, numerous outpatient facilities, home health, and hospice and wellness centers. The system also includes a multi-specialty physician and provider group, offers access to more than 500 providers in 100+ practice locations.
Facts and Figures:
- 1,708 licensed beds
- $2,153,497B net operating revenue
- 13,636 employees
- 65,039 admissions
- 395,801 outpatient visits
- 6,188 births
- 681 open heart surgeries
- 245,125 emergency visits
Vice President, Technical Services/Chief Technology Officer Position Overview
The Vice President, Technology Services/Chief Technology Officer (CTO) serves as the technology strategist for ECU Health.
ECU Health’s technology functions include server, storage, image, end user computing, collaboration and telephony, and all other communications and processing systems, as well as data center operations and disaster recovery.
The CTO architects technical strategy and infrastructure standards ensuring high availability of clinical and business applications. The CTO also leads a Technical Infrastructure team of around 80 people.
The CTO also plays a key role in the organization’s digital transformation. The CTO has responsibility for products that keep ECU Health at the forefront of digital and technological capabilities.
As a key business executive, the CTO will offer business rationale and perspective to technology opportunities and investments. The CTO will be a technology advocate throughout the organization for the effective application of technology to meet business needs and support growth.
Reporting to the CIO, the CTO works with Information Services and business leadership to:
- Define and implement policies, procedures and technical solutions that ensure interoperability
- Manage security risks
- Lower total cost of ownership
- Provide a platform for scalable future growth
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering mathematics or business required.
- 10+ years of management experience as a senior level information systems professional with a strong technical background and proven track record of accomplishments in a large, complex multi-entity organization.
- A track record of successfully developing and implementing IS strategies at an enterprise level, including the research, selection, implementation, operation and maintenance of large-scale systems over multiple hardware and software platforms.
- Prior experience delivering high availability systems in a 24/7 environment across geographically dispersed business units.
- Experience in the healthcare industry, with an understanding of the industry’s drivers, direction and operations.
- Relocation to North Carolina is required for this position.
- An on-site presence is dependent on organizational priorities and the need for face-to-face interaction with operating unit leadership and staff.
- Occasional travel to ECU Health Community Hospitals, Physician Practices and off-site locations is necessary.
For more information about the organization, the Vice President, Technical Services/Chief Technology Officer position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Bryan Kirby.