University Health has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Deputy CIO - Epic.
University Health, a comprehensive health system with a hospital and outpatient clinics, has one of two Level l trauma centers for adults and the only Level l pediatric center and burn program in South Texas.
The hospital is the primary teaching facility for the UT Health San Antonio School of Medicine, and serves as a clinical training site for nurses and other healthcare professionals.
A two million square foot, 700-bed hospital with new Women and Children’s Hospital is under construction and slated to open August 2023.
Facts and Figures:
- 30+ outpatient locations
- 10,539 employees
- 2,783 physicians
- $2,824,792,955 revenue
- 3,955,944 total community visits
- 4,038 births
Deputy CIO - Epic Position Overview
University Health has a mature IT organization that has achieved HIMSS Level 7 and Most Wired Level 10.
They had a successful go-live of Epic in July of 2020 and were the recipient of the Good Install award.
The IT organization is committed to supporting the continued growth of University Health while leveraging technology to support patient care.
The Deputy CIO - Epic provides executive leadership for the Epic EHR across the continuum of care in Acute, Ambulatory and Post-Acute domains for University Health.
The Deputy CIO will report to the SVP/CIO, Bill Phillips. They will lead a team of about 130.
The Deputy CIO delivers the strategic vision of the CIO and Executive Steering Committee by providing leadership and direction of the EMR and Epic teams within Information Services.
Culturally, University Health requires a strong commitment to:
- Service excellence
- Positive clinical outcomes
- Cost efficiency
- Performance enhancement
- High business ethics
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of Epic systems experience, with 4+ years in a supervisory capacity
- Expert knowledge of Epic in both Enterprise Architecture and Systems Application Development
- Experienced in planning, implementation, and administration of Healthcare Information Technologies
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Knowledge of ITIL and Project Management fundamentals
- Team player
- Adaptable in a changing environment with shifting priorities and tight deadlines
- Strong executive presence with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
Please note, this is a fully on-site position. No remote or hybrid candidates will be considered.
For more information about the organization, the Deputy CIO - Epic position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Steve Bennett.