City of Hope has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Director, Information Technology Security.
City of Hope is one of only 51 National Cancer Institute (NCI) designated comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, and an independent biomedical research institution near Los Angeles, California that offers a unique blend of compassionate care and research innovation. By developing scientific breakthroughs, expediting new treatments, providing outstanding professional education, and delivering a personalized, compassionate focus for each individual patient, City of Hope is recognized as being at the forefront of the battle against cancer and other deadly illnesses.
There are City of Hope locations across Los Angeles, Riverside, Ventura, San Bernardino, and Orange counties, providing patients access to over 725 clinical trials to date.
City of Hope's three manufacturing facilities manufacture both biologic and chemical compounds that meet strict good manufacturing practice (GMP) standards. City of Hope holds more than 450 patent portfolios and submits nearly 50 applications per year to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for investigational new therapies.
City of Hope Research Entities:
- The Irell & Manella Graduate School of Biological Sciences (IMGS) is a renowned bench-to-bedside research institute with 100+ principal investigators working toward the treatments and prevention of cancer, diabetes and HIV/AIDS.
- Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope was the first of five Beckman Institutes in the United States, which together have fueled scientific advances for more than a generation.
- City of Hope and Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen), a leading biomedical research institute, formed an alliance to make precision medicine a reality for patients. This alliance enables both institutes to complement each other’s strengths, with TGen’s genomic insights augmenting the level of care available to City of Hope patients.
Many professional sports organizations have supported City of Hope, including the Los Angeles Dodgers, the Los Angeles Kings, Major League Soccer’s Chivas USA, and the National Football League.
Director, Information Technology Security Position Overview
The City of Hope Director, Information Technology Security provides overall direction, planning and implementation of an information technology security system across all of the system’s entities.
The Director will foster an environment that demonstrates to employees, physicians and patients that critical information is properly safeguarded and that security is of paramount importance.
This position reports to the City of Hope CTO and oversees a team of about 20.
This highly visible position will present to multiple executive groups. The ideal person will be a strong collaborator and relationship builder.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
- 10 years of directly related security experience with business continuity planning, auditing and risk management as well as contract and vendor negotiation.
- Eight (8) plus years of related experience in supervisory role.
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Technology or Security, Business Administration or related field.
- Healthcare experience.
- Epic experience.
- Security certifications (CISSP, CISM, etc.).
- Knowledge of information security auditing and risk management, business continuity planning, and a demonstrated skill in performing complex security analyses.
- Knowledge of SIEM, IPS/IDS, VPN, Active Directory, Malware Analysis, Penetration Testing, UNIX/Linux, Wireshark, Net Witness, Firewalls and APT methodologies.
- Knowledge of national and international regulatory compliances and frameworks such as ISO, SOX, BASEL II, EU DPD, HIPAA, and PCI DSS.
- Expertise in information policy formulation, information security management, and business risk management.
- Experience with research arenas.
- Cloud experience.
- Candidates should be up-to-date with Covid vaccinations.
- The IT Team has a large number of remote staff members. This position can be hybrid/remote but candidates should live close enough to City of Hope to be on site when needed.
For more information about the organization, the Director, Information Technology Security position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Steve Bennett.