The University of Miami Health System has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Director, Clinical Informatics.
The University of Miami Health System (UHealth) delivers leading-edge patient care by the region’s best doctors, powered by the groundbreaking research of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine.
UHealth is home to the number one eye hospital in the United States, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, the only NCI-designated cancer center in South Florida, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, and a pioneering minimally invasive cardiac surgery program. UHealth also offers expertise in more than 100 other medical specialties.
UHealth’s comprehensive network also includes more than 30 outpatient sites in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, and Collier Counties, including The Lennar Foundation Medical Center.
UHealth is made up of more than 1,200 physicians and scientists who are highly trained specialists focused on providing state-of-the-art medical care. From diagnosis to treatment and follow-up, physicians work in teams to deliver care that is tailored to each patient.
Director, Clinical Informatics Job Overview
With an innovative new CIO in place, the University of Miami Health System (UHealth) is in the process of expanding its technical capabilities, the IT team size, and continually optimizing their use of the Epic electronic health record. With a highly collaborative culture, relationship building across functional areas is encouraged to move projects forwards and ensure the high quality of clinical care.
The Director, Clinical Informatics will be a key leader in a variety of projects including implementing Epic MyChart bedside, insulin smart pumps, inpatient device integration and expansion into new facilities.
The clinical informatics team is currently three team members and is poised to grow, with several new positions approved and ready to be filled by the new Director.
The Director, Clinical Informatics:
- Oversees physician and nursing informatics across the UHealth enterprise in both the inpatient and ambulatory settings while reporting to the Chief Medical Information Officer within the IT division
- Serves as a trusted advisor to the Chief Nursing Executive and Chief Nursing Officer by providing insight into the current capabilities and future possibilities of using Epic to provide world-class clinical care
- Develops strong partnerships with clinical leaders and informatics users by relationship rounding to sites in the field and identifying problems and opportunities on the ground
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Master’s degree in Informatics preferred
- 5+ years relevant experience leading an informatics team in an Epic health system
- Clinical practice as a nurse
- Nursing Informatics certification preferred
For more information about the organization, the Director, Clinical Informatics position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Jocelyn Clarke.