St. Joseph's/Candler has retained Kirby Partners to identify, qualify and present individuals for their Director of Technology position.
St. Joseph's/Candler is a faith-based, not-for-profit health system in Savannah, Georgia that offers healthcare services across the entire continuum, including local and regional primary care, specialized inpatient and outpatient services.
St. Joseph's/Candler Hospitals and facilities:
- Joseph’s Hospital
- Candler Hospital
- Nancy N. and J.C. Lewis Cancer & Research Pavilion
- The Heart Hospital
- Mary Telfair Women’s Hospital
- Institute for Advanced Bone and Joint Surgery
- Institute for Neurosciences
To learn more about St. Joseph’s/Candler visit https://www.sjchs.org/
Director of Technology Position Description:
The Director of Technology assists the Chief Information Officer (CIO) in directing the daily activities of Information Systems and Telecommunications for all facilities within St. Joseph's/Candler Healthcare System.
- Identifies and implements technologies that align with the needs of the business unit
- Ensures technology is operating at levels that meet or exceed the expectations of the co-worker community by putting into place survey mechanisms and action plans that can be enacted when necessary
- Demonstrates the attitude of excellent customer service and ensures end users’ technology and customer service needs are met
- Protects hospital systems and data through development of a solid disaster recovery plan, security, and integrity measures as well as redundancy
- Recruits, manages, and develops staff.
- Functions as a backup to the CIO and is part of the CIO succession plan
- Develop a technology and information security strategy that is aligned with the strategic plan and budget
- Strengthen change control process
- Ensure IT security plan is in place
- Develop a vision and strategy for SQL database consolidation
- Evaluate high availability of Meditech
- Continue uptime of 99.9%
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least five years of experience in a technical role in Information Services
- At least three years of leadership responsibility
- Strategic focus
- High energy
- Meditech experience
- Technical certifications (CISSP, MCSE, etc.)
- Master’s degree