MEDITECH has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Head of People.
MEDITECH is a mission-driven EHR solutions organization that partners with thousands of healthcare organizations across 23 countries to meet the challenges of a new era in healthcare by boosting the productivity and satisfaction of their physicians, nurses, and staff.
MEDITECH empowers healthcare organizations to expand their vision of what’s possible with the world’s most intuitive and interoperable EHR.
MEDITECH is laying the foundation for the next digital era by enabling care across delivery settings, designing cloud-based systems to drive better outcomes, and providing mobile, personalized solutions to improve efficiency for an overburdened workforce.
The organization aims to create better technologies for secure and cost-effective care with its scalable Cloud Platform, MEDITECH as a service, and strategic partnerships with Google and Apple. They also leverage innovations in mobility, genomics, and AI.
MEDITECH believes there is strength in a diverse workforce powered by the contributions of people from different backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. They are committed to fostering a work environment and culture where all staff members can reach their fullest potential.
MEDITECH is committed to the community, promoting the arts and sciences in local higher education and supporting local businesses.
Head of People position overview
The Head of People is a new AVP-level position for the organization.
Human resource functions at MEDITECH have historically been distributed amongst operational leaders. This model has been successful, but as MEDITECH grows, its leadership has identified the need for a Head of People to oversee talent management across the organization.
As MEDITECH has expanded by acquisition in other states and has more hybrid and remote employees, the CEO understands that maintaining their exceptional culture is more complicated than ever.
The CEO, CFO, and COO form a strong leadership team with the CEO and CFO having seats on the Board of Directors. The COO and the Chief Governance Officer/General Counsel are not board members but attend board meetings.
The Head of People, will report into the C-suite.
- MEDITECH has a “family feel” to its culture
- MEDITECH is seeking to expand and modernize the workforce
- MEDITECH has benefited and enjoys the value of having an experienced and tenured workforce as well
- MEDITECH is passionate and committed to being agile in a new era of Health IT
- MEDITECH has a solid commitment to internal staff development and growth; employees care about the organization
- They have acquired two additional companies – one in Minneapolis and one in Atlanta
- Talent management
- Performance management
- Management training and staff development
- Onboarding and employee relationship management
- HR communications and messaging
- HR systems and technologies
- Leverage the HRIS system for position and performance management
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements
- Work with the company’s executive management team to establish a sound plan for succession planning in alignment with the strategy and objectives of the company
- Develop and implement comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans
- Establish and implement HR initiatives that effectively support and communicate the company’s mission and strategic vision
Essential job functions:
- Serve as the human resources leader for the organization
- Organize, lead, and deliver full-service human resources functions
- Leverage the HRIS system to improve position and performance management
- Improve HR communications
- Provide leadership and direction for human resource functions
The Head of People must be on-site at least three days per week in the Canton, MA office. The Canton campus has recently been stylishly renovated and sits on a sizeable non-working horse farm.
Some travel to other campuses in Massachusetts, Atlanta, and Minneapolis is expected.
Desired leadership profile:
- Able to work successfully in a matrixed environment
- Collaborates effectively with stakeholders and leads with influence
- Able to adapt to the current environment while simultaneously working to enhance the culture alongside senior leadership
Required education & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 15+ years of HR experience
- 5+ years of executive HR experience
Preferred education & experience:
- Master’s degree
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional or SHRM Certified Professional certification
- Experience working in a privately owned company
About Boston, Massachusetts
A vibrant cultural city
Boston is the state Capital and a scenic waterfront city along the Charles River. The city is rich in history and culture and is known for its art and history museums, prestigious universities, sports venues, and delicious seafood restaurants.
Walkable and bikeable
The city ties Washington, D.C., for the most commuters who bike or walk to work and offers a bike-share program. The renowned Freedom Trail is a 2.5-mile walking trail that connects 16 nationally significant historic sites.
A great location
Boston offers easy access to several beaches and popular vacation destinations. It is approximately 200 miles away from New York City and 300 miles away from Philadelphia. The airport provides easy access to domestic and international flights.
7 Blue Hill River Rd, Canton, MA 02021
Procedure for Candidacy
Final candidates should expect two interviews with Kirby Partners recruiters (including a video conference interview).
You may be asked to complete our “Executive Profile” and submit references to be considered for presentation to the search committee.
- Week of April 8: Candidates presented to MEDITECH
- Week of April 15: Round 1 interviews with MEDITECH
- Week of April 22: Round 2 interviews with MEDITECH
*The timeline is tentative and may shift due to client availability.