Vidant Health has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Chief Medical Informatics Officer.
Vidant Health is a physician-led, integrated system of patient-centered care that includes nine hospitals plus physician practices, hospice, wellness centers, and more – all working together to serve 1.4 million people across 29 counties in Eastern North Carolina.
One of the most progressive not-for-profit health care systems, Vidant Health’s system of care includes the following:
- Vidant Medical Center – a level I trauma center and the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine
- Eight community hospitals
- Vidant Medical Group – primary care and specialty services
- Vidant Home Health & Hospice
- Vidant Wellness Centers
- Vidant Health Foundation
Their partnership with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University provides a continuum of care that addresses wellness, prevention and community health issues as well as acute care, post-acute care, home health, and hospice.
Additionally, in 2013, Vidant Health opened James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital, and in April 2018, they opened Vidant Cancer Care at the Eddie and Jo Allison Smith Tower in Greenville. The 418,000-square-foot facility serves as the region’s hub for oncology care.
Chief Medical Informatics Officer Job Overview
The Chief Medical Informatics Officer (CMIO) nurtures the alliance between the clinical operational team and Information Services (IS) and will leverage clinical and informatics expertise to translate strategies into measurable, actionable initiatives that sustain excellent patient care for all areas of the health system.
Working directly with the Chief Medical Officer, the CMIO will align the use of technology with key clinical initiatives.
The CMIO leads the integration of multi-year strategies to advance Vidant’s use of Epic and other clinical information systems and ensures organizational support around the identified goals, strategies, budgets, and metrics.
While leading a team of three Associate Chief Medical Informatics Officers, the CMIO supports clinical and operational leadership to ensure that Epic and other information systems support safe, reliable care.
The CMIO will also design, lead, and participate in clinical governance committees to ensure that clinical insight and input are part of all key decisions. The CMIO will continue to practice in their specialty for 20% of their time.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD or DO) with at least five years practicing while leveraging an EHR for care delivery; eligibility for unrestricted license to practice in North Carolina
- At least 2 years of significant leadership experience in a clinical informatics role within a health care system leveraging an electronic health record
- Board Certification in appropriate specialty
- Visionary and global thinking related to the use of technology in medicine
- Experience coaching, mentoring, persuading, leading and advising health care providers in the use of clinical information systems to provide high quality patient care
- Board certification in Clinical Informatics
- Formal training in clinical informatics
- Significant leadership experience with an Epic health system
For more information about the organization, the Chief Medical Informatics Officer position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Bryan Kirby