Renown Health has retained Kirby Partners to conduct a nationwide executive search for candidates for their Chief Medical Information Officer.
Renown Health is northern Nevada’s healthcare leader and Reno’s only locally owned, not-for-profit integrated health network serving Nevada, Lake Tahoe, and northeast California.
Renown is an entire network of hospitals, primary care offices, urgent care centers, lab services, medical specialties, and x-ray and imaging services – with more than 7,000 nurses, doctors and care providers dedicated to the health and well-being of their community.
A division of Renown Health is Hometown Health, Nevada’s largest not-for-profit insurance company. Hometown Health is locally owned and offers one of the largest provider networks in the region, serving individuals, families, and employers in Reno, Carson City, and Las Vegas.
Renown’s partnership with SilverSummit Healthplan meets the needs of their rural communities and Medicaid population, making sure that people in all Nevada counties have access to affordable quality care.
The Renown Health Integrated Network includes:
- Renown Regional Medical Center – Reno
- Renown Children’s Hospital – Reno
- Renown South Meadows Medical Center – Reno
- Carson Valley Medical Center – Gardnerville
- Renown Skilled Nursing – Sparks
- Renown Rehabilitation Hospital – Reno
- Renown Medical Group – dozens of providers in Reno, Sparks, Carson City, and rural Nevada
- Renown Urgent Care – 10 locations in Reno, Sparks, and rural Nevada
Renown Health Institutes’ specialized services:
- Renown Institute for Cancer
- Renown Institute for Heart & Vascular Health
- Renown Institute for Neurosciences
- Renown Institute for Robotic Surgery
Chief Medical Information Officer Position Overview
The CMIO for Renown Health stands on the disruptive boundary where technology meets patient safety and quality, patient and provider engagement, and cost-effective care. This CMIO will harness the power of technology to lead healthcare delivery into the future.
This individual will closely align with Renown leadership and will partner with physician leadership to ensure the successful adoption of technology.
Renown Health continues to expand in rural health, receiving a Hemsley Grant to provide patient management for thirteen critical access hospitals in the region.
This position is not only about overseeing the Epic EHR, but also an opportunity to join Renown, build relationships, and lead a successful informatics program.
Renown Health will be launching two innovative programs:
1) Home for Dinner: Each specialty will have a part-time CMIO to collaborate with physicians in their specialties to find shortcuts, smart sets, and other areas to help physicians be more effective and reduce burnout.
2) Ambulatory SWAT team: Each site will have a survey about 4 weeks before an on-site to find out issues so the informatics team can work with clinic and strive to resolve 80% of their issues in a week and up to 95% within a month. With multiple teams, they plan to cover each ambulatory practice within 10 months and then start over.
To be successful with these programs, the CMIO will need to build and oversee physicians from each specialty.
- MD or DO
- 5+ years of progressive management experience
- Epic experience
- Ability to practice up to 20%
- Board certified in field
- Board certified in Informatics
- Epic certified builder certification
- Academic experience
For more information about the organization, the Chief Medical Information Officer position, and the community, click the “Full Profile” link (top right sidebar).
Please note that Kirby Partners exclusively represents this job opportunity and all candidates will be presented through our team of executive recruiters. If you have questions about this position, please email Judy Kirby.